Well done the board of Newcastle United

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

Signing Duff for 5m, well that's just insane, a great peice of business, so well done the board  bluebigeek.gif  :thup:

Guest smoggeordie

Do we REALLY need another Duff thread?  ;)

Aye, brilliant business. Especially since they rejected a 7 million bid from spuds :lol:

Excellent piece of business from the Fat Man. Thought £10m was a bit pricey but £5m is superb. Andy Johnson to Everton for £8.5m puts it into perspective.

Quality player for a knock-down fee.  :clap:

Guest Jangles

I would imagine its £5m upfront with a bunch of clauses for things like no. of appearances, goals, qualification for europe, etc possibly bringing it up to the £10m bandied about earlier

I would imagine its £5m upfront with a bunch of clauses for things like no. of appearances, goals, qualification for europe, etc possibly bringing it up to the £10m bandied about earlier

Didn't someone say that if such clauses exist they also have to be revealed to the Stock Exchange? (Can anyone confirm/deny?)

Getting Duff for only £5m is a fantastic price.

I hope that it isn't a case of having got bargain for a position we don't need to fill as urgently as some others, and that we will be short of cash for those other areas later on.  I'd be surprised if Duff was top of the manager's want list.

Guest Hodgson09

I dislike Spurs fans immensely, my missus's step dad is a spurs fan and he is a prick of the highest order, he laughed at my dog dying how low is that? thats the RIP tribute in my sig. Never met a Spurs fan that I've liked. I would love it if we beat them at least twice next season I'd absolutely love it.

On the Duff signing what good business, 5 million for a player of that class is great.