Well done the board of Newcastle United

Guest Howaythetoon

To be fair, all Keegan ever did was take us from the brink of relegation to the third flight of English football and then transform us into the second best side in the country.

:thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

There is no nepotism at Man Utd, their board are clearly independent to the owners or major shareholders, even under Edwards that was the case. Kenyon was head hunted and so was Gill, they both then appointed board members to work alongside on behalf of the owners/major shareholders.

At Newcastle every independent member of the board has either left or been sacked, with family members such as Bruce Shepherd and Halls' sister appointed to the board in their place.

The City has questioned this parctice on a number of occassions and raised concerns enough to vote no confidence in the boardroom dynamics, that is why the likes of Shepherd have been free to buy up shares because no-one else wants them or are quite willing to dump their stock in a company that has zero transpancy and independent thinking.

Anyone who can't see this setup as being unhealthy is deluded, naive or just plain stupid.

Of course, we all have agendas, axes to grind and say what we say to get hits...  :roll:

Not saying I agree with your post but it wasn't bad until the last sentence when that toddler jumped in. Roll on the next 10 years and maturity, eh.

You have accused me of having an agenda, an axe to grind and "out to get hits" so who actually is the bairn here, me or you?  :roll:

Just stating facts.

Where's that violin?

:lol:

NE5

Once again, immediately on the defensive when proven wrong.

As for my Keegan comments, once again, can I ask you.........................

WHAT DID HE WIN FOR THE CLUB????????????????????????????????????

That is the measure of success, in my opinion, and the opinion of many others on this forum.

As the Fox mentioned, you seem to be all too happy to settle for second bgest and look back over the so called good old days.

"tactically inept", and "failure" are only 2 expressions you have used to describe Keegans stint as manager of NUFC.

How many managers have finished higher than 2nd in the premiership, with ANY club ?

As you like to talk about "losing 12 point leads" - courtesy of the cockney bullshitters in the London press who peddle this crap about Keegan, name me any other manager who has actually gained a 12 point lead, and played 2 games more, in the first place.

How many ex NUFC managers have done well enough to go on and manage England ?

How many managers have equalled Keegan at NUFC despite him "just having loads of money to spend" .....

He took that job when nobody else had the bottle to take it on, even a Geordie manager like Howard Kendall had turned it down a few years earlier. So much for "lacking bottle" and the fools that peddle such rubbish that astoundedly people believe it. [but mostly people outside the area who either don't like Newcastle or have no idea how the club was on its knees] And left us 5 years later, 90 minutes from winning the premiership.

You might surprise me and answer these questions at last, but if you don't, as I expect, thank you and goodnight.

Guest elbee909

Keegan was fucking immense for NUFC and I wouldn't trade his tenure for a piece of silverware - might be alone in that mind, maybe it's rose-tinted specs but Keegan, failure and inept?  My arse!

Guest Howaythetoon

Keegan was fucking immense for NUFC and I wouldn't trade his tenure for a piece of silverware - might be alone in that mind, maybe it's rose-tinted specs but Keegan, failure and inept?  My arse!

I doubt you're alone Elbee, I wouldn't neither.

• 2 years later...