Simple (?) Ipod question

Guest Southern Geordie

Guest Southern Geordie

Just got a 30 gig video ipod, very nice.. apart from the fact that I can't listen to any of my singles!

I go into "artists" on the ipod and say for example, for Opeth I have one album called damnation and about 10 singles which don't have an album.. Anyways I click on "opeth" and it takes me to damnation straight away and bypasses the singles. Surely there should be an "all" section like normally? Bit confusing but surely a simple soloution? Cheers

Guest s0ftcore

Play around with iTunes.

Open it up, and start sortin your files. Right click the file, select More Info (i think? cos i dont have itunes now in school lol) and under artist, select Opeth. Then if u can select a whole bunch u can edit them fast. Hope this helps

I think if you give the other 10 songs an album name then they will appear aswell. The problem I have found with the ipod is unless you have 2 albums or more under the one artist if you have random singles they won't appear and there will be no 'all' option under that artist.

Guest Southern Geordie

Yeah cheers lads, another forum said this;

you only get the "all" option if you have two or more albums by the artist. this came about with the introduction of the nano and ipod w/video. the workaround is to put something in the album field for your album-less songs (e.g. "unknown" or anything you want). unfortunately there is no other way.

So you are right Legacy  :thup: