***The Official FM 2006 Thread***

gonufc

Guest NewcastleRocker

Keep Steven Taylor until he's at least 25, he's worth it.

Get the left back Maxwell.

Get Theo Walcott, and throw him in the reserve team for a few years.

If you've got the money, sign Iaquinta from Udiense.

Messi is a beast and will cost about £4m, Kerlon is even better, signed him for £5m but he's in the full Brazil team at 17 so pretty decent!

Get Ricardo Vaz Te on loan in second season. Scored me 22 goals and got 11 assists and contributed to 4th place. I then got sacked in March the next season.  bluedead.gif

He has always impressed me when i have seen him play (in real life) for Bolton

Sergey Kisliy (youngster, 50k, will score goals for youth team)

Sergey Kisgey (youngster, 50k)

Danny Szatela (Large D/B)

Eddie Gaven (1m

Vanden Borre (obviously)

Deschacht (obviously again)

Berzagli (udinese, will cost about 3m)

Grozzo (udinese, about the same as berzagli)

Nuri Sahin (free transfer end of first season)

Freddy Guarin (free transfer mid way through second season)

All I can think of for now, I mainly buy young players and train them up till they reach their potential shortly after that I get bored and leave.

Ronaldinho ;)

Seriously though, i dont have it. Planning on getting it soon like!

im playing as barcelona at the moment and somehow Ronaldinho got world player of the year, the only problem I can find with that is that he was injured for 7 months  bluebiggrin.gif

He spent 3 month's out with a fractured skull and 4 month's out with a groin strain  blueconfused.gif

Lebohang Mokoena - Orland Pirates - AMR - 200k

Bought him for 325k and just recently sold him to Chelsea for £32,5 millions. I sold Owen after his first season. Chelsea made an enquiry, I thought I'd just push the price so they wouldn't be interested (as I do with all players, rejecting offers make them angry) and I somehow managad to end up getting 85 millions for him. Now, he's on the bench for them and I just won the treble bluebigrazz.gif. You've gotta keep Luque and play him upfront. Kompany, Vanden Borre, Mokoena, Sergey Kisliy, Sasha Iakovenko, Nik Besagno, Nuri Sahin, Freddy Adu, Eddie Gaven, Chabangu, Fred, Edcarlos, Blondel and David N'Gog are all decent youngsters. Then there's the usual talents in Argentina and Brazil, but they're all hard to get because of their work permits, it helps if you're a team in Spain or Italy.

Of the players you start with, I've kept Taylor, Luque, Parker, Emre and Given and they've all done very well. Luca Toni, Mokoena and Leo Messi have been my best signings.

Guest Kitty-Sniper

for a solid defence, play elliot at LB, ramage at RB and buy bassangno and ferrari (5.5mill in jan second season). solid as a rock that back 4 is, also dont be afraid to play harper.

leo messi's a must as well.

No decent English players then?

The usual like Gerrard and Lampard. A couple of decent youngsters like Mark Noble, Huddlestone and Gary Hooper. Also, Gareth Barry is quite good.

Joey Barton is in my England squad and i bring him on when i'm winning and he does a vey good job. Zesh Rehman or something is a good defender as well.

After being sacked by Newcastle i got the Real Madrid job and have won every game except for 2 when the opposition equalised in stoppage time.  bluedead.gif

Roland Benschneider is alright backup, get him for around 100k and he's 6ft7 good heading too.

I usually buy him as backup for left back, stick him upfront when I need a last minute goal too. Works sometimes.

Guest Mighty Toon Army

Lebohang Mokoena - Orland Pirates - AMR - 200k

from your advice i have just signed him.  Just beat bolton 6-4 at the reebok with all the goals coming in the second half.  Only on my first seaon, but Given seems to leek in quite a few goals.

what the highest eveyone's finished with Newcastle in their first season???

from your advice i have just signed him.  Just beat bolton 6-4 at the reebok with all the goals coming in the second half.  Only on my first seaon, but Given seems to leek in quite a few goals.

what the highest eveyone's finished with Newcastle in their first season???

3rd

Uefa Cup Final

Fa Cup Final

League Cup Final

let's say i was pissed off

Im playing with Stevenage now. Won promotion to League 2 on second season and im in the race to promotion again on 3rd.

I really recommend taking over a small club when you get enough of managing Newcastle. Great fun  bluebiggrin.gif