Flight of the Conchords

shido

Just come across these guys and thought i'd share the knowledge as its one of the funniest things i've seen in a good long while. They are a little folk comedy band from new zealand who had a brief radio 2 series before getting their own HBO show in the states.

I've heard its coming to BBC4 in the autumn soon so keep your eyes out.

Think mighty boosh meets tenacious D.

Here is my favourite clip of the episodes i've seen so far.

The radio series is pretty good too, I listened to that after I heard about the HBO show.  Apparantly though a lot of fans are dissapointed with the show because it doesn't carry the same energy or summat from their live stuff, but I think its great. 

• 1 month later...

Couldnt agree more, Bonk

Sopranos, Six Feet Under, The Wire, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and now this. Fantastic stuff.

I've just been wetting myself at the Pet Shop Boys pastiche in episode 2.

:lol:  Pretty funny lads, can't think of any other funny men from NZ. 

Is that the episode where they're holding signs?  "I like your English accent"  "New Zealand" "Oh, I hear there's vikings there!"

Guest elbee909

I was hoping someone other than me was getting this comedy.  It's brilliant.  I don't really see too much evidence of tail-off in quality, but if there is then its tail-off is still better than most comedy 'peaks'.

Guest elbee909

when's it on? Its fucking brilliant :lol: really really refreshing comedy imo.

On BBC4 over here, not sure of exact days.  Get the whole torrent though.

Watched it last night for the first time. Canny good tbf. The songs are hilarious.

Worth a second watch for sure, i wasn't really enjoying it until they broke out into song when they were being robbed, after that they had me.  :lol:

Guest elbee909

Watched it last night for the first time. Canny good tbf. The songs are hilarious.

Worth a second watch for sure, i wasn't really enjoying it until they broke out into song when they were being robbed, after that they had me.  :lol:

I'M THE MOTHER-FLIPPIN'!