Flight of the Conchords

shido

Are you meaning the Rejected song, or are you talking about the 2nd episode? Haven't seen the second episode yet.

Second episode, mate. Get it watched :thup:

Just watched it now. "I knew if you bought a cup we'd end up in jail!"  ;D

:lol:

Best part for me was probably Jemaines little comment that it was Bret who "bought the cup" when first discussing prostitution :lol: Love those little subtle moments in this show.

• 3 months later...

First episode of the second season was pretty gash to be perfectly honest, they had left themselves a silly task to rescue the show after the season 1 finale.

Was pretty much ace from episode 2 on though.

I agree with this. 

I'm only half way through the 2nd series for one reason or another - absolutely love the show though.  I think it's seriously subtle and clever and I love the way Brett and Jermaine are always so bewildered and unimpressed by everything.  Murray and Mel are mint secondary characters as well.  Me and my lass loved the bit on episode 3 I think it is where Mel's driving slowly behind Jermaine in the street and starts whispering "Jermaine... Jermaine...".  Why's she whispering?  Hysterical.

First episode of the second season was pretty gash to be perfectly honest, they had left themselves a silly task to rescue the show after the season 1 finale.

Was pretty much ace from episode 2 on though.

I agree with this. 

I'm only half way through the 2nd series for one reason or another - absolutely love the show though.  I think it's seriously subtle and clever and I love the way Brett and Jermaine are always so bewildered and unimpressed by everything.  Murray and Mel are mint secondary characters as well.  Me and my lass loved the bit on episode 3 I think it is where Mel's driving slowly behind Jermaine in the street and starts whispering "Jermaine... Jermaine...".  Why's she whispering?  Hysterical.

Agree! It's those kinds of moments that really makes the show special. The quick, subtle, unexpected and strange comment that every character can deliver at any time is just brilliant. A favourite of mine is from the first season when they go to "flip the bird" to the fruit stand guy, and Jermaine starts doing the actual wings for a second, absolutely brilliant!

Watched the first episode on BBC4 last night. Really enjoyed it, good to hear it gets better from now on.

The way that they had to deal with the conclusion of series one and Murray being successful was a bit silly, but I loved it when he went back to his old job and he only had 2 phone messages! And his leaving note was still on his desk! :lol:

Watched the first episode on BBC4 last night. Really enjoyed it, good to hear it gets better from now on.

The way that they had to deal with the conclusion of series one and Murray being successful was a bit silly, but I loved it when he went back to his old job and he only had 2 phone messages! And his leaving note was still on his desk! :lol:

Yeah, was class, apparently the 2nd is the last series.  Boooooooooooooooooooooo!

We need more.

Yeah, was class, apparently the 2nd is the last series.  Boooooooooooooooooooooo!

We need more.

I don't actually mind. It'll go down as a two series classic now instead of doing too many seasons and jumping the shark.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

FOTC would quickly get really shit if it carried on for more than 2 series I think. Part of the appeal of it is that they're just two guys who have kind of stumbled upon a TV show and have just winged it. They are limited as to how far they can take it though, it must have been a success beyond all their expectations.

Next week's episode is possibly the best episode of any tv show ever  :lol:

Aye, it's absolutely fucking hilarious.

"I knew when you bought that cup we'd end up in jail" :mackems:

• 1 month later...

Just been Youtubing some videos, haven't listened to/watched them for a while, sheer brilliance  :lol:

You're so beautiful, you could be a part-time model. But you'd probably have to keep your old job.

Guest firetotheworks

2nd series has been hit and miss imo.

Started off slow and got better and better I reckon. The songs aren't as funny in general, but I can easily forgive them of that. It must have been really hard trying to top the first series.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

There were just a few episodes that weren't good at all, hair gel one recently was poor, but there have been some great ones like the dicks on dancefloor/sleeping with the aussie. Feel like they could easily have made 10 solid episodes if they had better writers.

2nd series has been hit and miss imo.

Started off slow and got better and better I reckon. The songs aren't as funny in general, but I can easily forgive them of that. It must have been really hard trying to top the first series.

Second episode (the prostitution one) is one of my favourites from both seasons. The songs are brilliant, the set up for the episode is brilliant, Murray is brilliant, Jermaine is brilliant. There were some dodgy moments in the second series, and overall it wasn't as good as the first, but it was still better than I expected it to be.

There were just a few episodes that weren't good at all, hair gel one recently was poor, but there have been some great ones like the dicks on dancefloor/sleeping with the aussie. Feel like they could easily have made 10 solid episodes if they had better writers.

That's the one Michel Gondry directed. Probably was the best of the series too.

The songs definitely aren't as catchy this series but you've got to consider that the songs in the first series are ones they'd been playing for years live and on their radio shows and had changed a fair bit over the years as they perfected them. The new ones haven't had that benefit but might get better after repeated listens.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

That's the one Michel Gondry directed. Probably was the best of the series too.

The songs definitely aren't as catchy this series but you've got to consider that the songs in the first series are ones they'd been playing for years live and on their radio shows and had changed a fair bit over the years as they perfected them. The new ones haven't had that benefit but might get better after repeated listens.

I think the songs on the whole have been good 2nd series, some of them are awesome 'don't have to be prostitute', 'dicks on dancefloor' etc are up there with the best, just the storys have been shit at times unfortunately. In the first series they had more of a running theme with Coco/Yoko etc, the 2nd series has been random. Dunno why I am analysing it so much :lol: