Flight of the Conchords

shido

There were just a few episodes that weren't good at all, hair gel one recently was poor, but there have been some great ones like the dicks on dancefloor/sleeping with the aussie. Feel like they could easily have made 10 solid episodes if they had better writers.

That's the one Michel Gondry directed. Probably was the best of the series too.

The songs definitely aren't as catchy this series but you've got to consider that the songs in the first series are ones they'd been playing for years live and on their radio shows and had changed a fair bit over the years as they perfected them. The new ones haven't had that benefit but might get better after repeated listens.

I think the songs on the whole have been good 2nd series, some of them are awesome 'don't have to be prostitute', 'dicks on dancefloor' etc are up there with the best, just the storys have been shit at times unfortunately. In the first series they had more of a running theme with Coco/Yoko etc, the 2nd series has been random. Dunno why I am analysing it so much :lol:

Write an essay on the situation called 'Plight of the Conchords'.

Bollocks, I'm turning into my dad.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I was sad it had finished, but they were clearly running out of ideas. Probably for the best. Those guys sure did make me chuckle though.

I was sad it had finished, but they were clearly running out of ideas. Probably for the best. Those guys sure did make me chuckle though.

I've got no idea what they can do next. I've not seen either of them do anything other than fotc.

I've got no idea what they can do next. I've not seen either of them do anything other than fotc.

Bret was in Lord of the Rings and they've been gigging for years with their songs from the first series.

I agree with others and hope they don't do another series as it could ruin something really special.

Think one of the best things about this series was better cameo roles from Dave, Greg & Doug.

Some of Dave's scenes, such as the one where he's on the Information desk for New Zealand town...

"Which side of the road do you drive on?"

"In the middle."

"What language do you speak?"

"We sort of make it up as we go along."

and,

"We are real, Dave."

"Really? But you said you came from Never Never Land"

:lol:

• 4 months later...

Great news iyam. I absolutely loved the show, one of my all time favourite comedies, but it didn't have enough to warrant a third season. I was actually dreading the second season when it began, but they managed to keep it fresh and funny by giving Dave and Greg and other minor characters a bit more room. If there would have been a third season, they'd probably have to introduce new series regulars to keep it fresh, and I don't think the format was designed for a lot of characters, a big thing of the show that makes it funny is that Bret and Jemaine are outcasts.

• 2 months later...

Tour in May.

http://www.nme.com/news/flight-of-the-conchords/50047

Flight Of The Conchords announce UK and Ireland tour - ticket details

Flight Of The Conchords have announced a UK and Ireland tour.

The duo will hit the road in May, playing across Europe. Kristen Schaal who plays super fan Mel in the HBO series will provide support in Dublin, Birmingham and Manchester while Arj Barker who plays the band's friend Dave will open the show in London.

The dates are:

Dublin Olympia (May 5,6)

Birmingham NIA (10)

Manchester Apollo (11, 12)

Glasgow SECC (14, 15)

London HMV Hammersmith Apollo (May 16, 17)

Ticket go on sale this Friday (March 5) at 9am. To check the availability of Band Name tickets and get all the latest listings, go to NME.COM/TICKETS now, or call 0871 230 1094.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ukpress/article/ALeqM5iQijbw6NSg6FyrgLTWNvhi1mVd6w

Flight Of The Conchords to tour UK

Flight Of The Conchords stars Jemaine Clement and Bret McKenzie will be hitting the road with a tour around the UK and Europe.

The Emmy-nominated New Zealand comedy duo will be joined by co-stars Kristen Schall (fan-turned-stalker Mel) and Arj Barker (shop owner Dave) as they perform 15 dates in the Netherlands, Scandinavia, Ireland and the UK from May 10.

"We're coming back to say we're sorry, Flight Of The Conchords has had a great relationship with the UK in the past - in some ways you could say we got our start there, and we were always over at the UK's house - but then one night, some heated words were said and Flight Of The Conchords left in a huff," quipped Jemaine.

"We haven't been back since. That was five years ago," he added.

Flight Of The Conchords, featuring the duo's second full-length album, I Told You I Was Freaky, will play dates in Birmingham, Manchester, London and Glasgow. Kristen will open for the Birmingham, Manchester and Glasgow dates, while Arj will support the London shows.

The acclaimed TV series, starring Jemaine and Bret as hapless musicians trying to make a living in New York, ended in 2009 after two seasons.

Tickets will go on sale on March 5 at 9am.

Although it says that they go on sale on Friday 5th May, their official website says you can get 'pre-tickets' at 9am tomorrow.  Not sure how this works.

http://flightoftheconchords.co.nz/on-tour/

Pre-sale Tickets Available Beginning Thursday, March 4th

As a Flight of the Conchords fan, you have access to exclusive pre-sale tickets beginning Thursday, March 4th at 9AM local time. Get your tickets then, because tickets go on sale to the public on Friday March 5th, at 9AM local time. Check back here for updated links to buy tickets, and use the password “freaky” when buying your pre-sale tickets.

Guest elbee909

Although it says that they go on sale on Friday 5th May, their official website says you can get 'pre-tickets' at 9am tomorrow.  Not sure how this works.

As a Flight of the Conchords fan, you have access to exclusive pre-sale tickets beginning Thursday, March 4th at 9AM local time. Get your tickets then, because tickets go on sale to the public on Friday March 5th, at 9AM local time. Check back here for updated links to buy tickets, and use the password “freaky” when buying your pre-sale tickets.

Their dates in London are non-existent according to the venue's site.  Unless they're disguised as Florence and the Machine.

Their dates in London are non-existent according to the venue's site.  Unless they're disguised as Florence and the Machine.

The dates were only announced today and the quote above is instructing you to buy via http://flightoftheconchords.co.nz/on-tour/ so that's what I'll be visiting tomorrow morning.  I've a feeling it'll be pretty difficult to get tickets as they've not played over here for years and they must have a big cult following now.

That website is down when I try it.

Anyone who has managed to get onto it, could you post the presale links to the two Glasgow shows?

Glasgow link: http://www.ticketsoup.com/ShowDatesCombo.aspx