Leeds & Reading Festival

Disco

Any1 heading down to these this weekend? Im going 2 Leeds meself, cant wait to see Kasabian, Killers, Razorlight n Futureheads. Should be quality. Jus wondering if any1 here had been before and had any tips? (and yes I know I should be going to the ManU game but i think it may well be a blessing in suprise)

Any1 heading down to these this weekend? Im going 2 Leeds meself, cant wait to see Kasabian, Killers, Razorlight n Futureheads. Should be quality. Jus wondering if any1 here had been before and had any tips? (and yes I know I should be going to the ManU game but i think it may well be a blessing in suprise)

A big dump before you leave and a huge dose of Immodium.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sam04je

The camp site in leeds was a shite hole!

The bands i saw were amazing tho like foo fighters, anti-flag, bad religion, all-american rejects.

I got in2 the camp site with a sunday ticket! woo

• 2 years later...

Tickets on sale monday,  but before you rush to buy, consider this....

Volunteer at Leeds Festival

Gain free entrance to this summer's Leeds Festival by joining our Campsite Assistant Teams (CATs).

Typical duties of a volunteer include:

Assisting festival goes with directions.

Helping festival goers carry their belongings and pitch their tents.

Reporting back on any problems – such as litter and facilities.

In return for their efforts all volunteers are provided with:

A Crew Pass.

A CAT Pack.

A CAT Uniform.

A Secure Camping area.

Access to the Crew Café, Bar, Toilets, and Hot Showers!

All volunteers are welcome to enjoy the festival when they are off-shift.

To apply volunteers need to:

·        Be 18 or over.

·        Be available to arrive at the Festival site by midday (21:00 at the latest) on the Wednesday prior to the weekend of the event. Please note the shifts are allocated on a first come first served basis.

·        Be available for a briefing at either 13:00 or 22:00.

·        Be available to work 3 x 8 hour shifts at any time between 14:00 Wednesday (or midnight Wednesday if arriving for the 21:00 briefing) and 16:00 Monday.

·        Wear a CAT uniform when on-shift.

·        Report in every two hours to your area supervisor, or immediately in the case of any problems.

·        Supply photographic ID on arrival.

·        Provide a refundable deposit of £185.

The festival volunteers play a big part in creating a good atmosphere and helping all to get the most out of their festival. By being there helping people you will help us achieve this!

For more information please visit www.dcsiteservices.com/cats/

Or you can email [email protected]

To go straight to the application please visit: https://dcss.paamapplication.co.uk/

3 shifts is nowt.

I'll be off to Leeds. Pissed off that Rage are headlining though (they're just about confirmed). Killers and Metallica are the other most-likelys.

Isn't it Rage, Green Day and Metallica?

Either way, think I'll just be getting a day ticket for Metallica,  one of the few bands going on my need to see list.

Bains || Kiss Me Properly &Pull Me Apart.. says:

futureheads arent allowed

playing V arent they

razorlight headlined last year, they cant be back

kasabian i personally think can only headline and the headliners this year are all american?

SOrry to inform you Disco

Guest LucaAltieri

I'll be off to Leeds. Pissed off that Rage are headlining though (they're just about confirmed). Killers and Metallica are the other most-likelys.

Either way, think I'll just be getting a day ticket for Metallica,  one of the few bands going on my need to see list.

Saw Metallica when they were at Reading a few years back. Good fun.

That'd be mint, them three... But i can't see it though - they usually have one young/newish band whereas them three are all older. I'd love to see Green Day though.

Wish Foos were headlining. :(

Fucking Rage ffs.  :angry:

You'd rather have Foo Fighters or Green fucking Day over RATM?

Jesus did indeed weep.

Isn't he just displeased with calling them simply "Rage".

In his earlier sentence he seems quite keen on them.

:lol:

When i said "they'd be mint, them three" ... i meant that Green Day and Metallica would easily compensate for RATM's shitness. :D

In all fairness though, i can imagine they might be quite decent live...

No, I think he's genuinely upset that he gets to see Rage Against the Machine live.

Baffling stuff.  ???

That'd be mint, them three

I'm sure it seemed a good post when you were making it. :razz:

:lol: