Steve McClaren

Dave

http://www.football365.com/premier-league/9880489/-?

"At FC Twente, I was fortunate enough to be able to sit in on a team meeting with him. It was arguably one of the best team meetings I've ever sat in as a bystander at the back.

"I thought to myself if I was a player of his, would I know exactly what I need to achieve in the game, what was expected of me coming up against Ajax and what they are going to throw at us?

"It was probably the most concise team meeting I've ever listened to, as a player and as a manager."

Stuart Pearce gave him a nice backing.

Guest Roger Kint

Back to hating SMC now Twat Scott is on the radio praising him. The blokes a financial journo isnt he? Why is he talking bollocks about us again?

We will see an improvement from the players no doubt. When you go from the former staff to this guy it's going to be far different. Think he NOW has something to prove as this truly is his biggest job. He's not a royal cunt like Pardew and he's also got it in his to walk if he believes he can't do it anymore.

I'm fully backing him once he's announced and will be hoping (praying) for sweeping changes in coaching, fitness, psychology, tactics and individual performances based on what I know of what he's capable of doing. Hopefully we sign some decent players and we flog the crap ones; hoping also we bring in the few frozen out ones and they get clean slates too.

I want to get back to enjoying football or having some bit of hope - even if Ashley and co still own this club, I want to at least get some excitement or some joy out of this again.

We will see an improvement from the players no doubt. When you go from the former staff to this guy it's going to be far different. Think he NOW has something to prove as this truly is his biggest job. He's not a royal cunt like Pardew and he's also got it in his to walk if he believes he can't do it anymore.

I'm fully backing him once he's announced and will be hoping (praying) for sweeping changes in coaching, fitness, psychology, tactics and individual performances based on what I know of what he's capable of doing. Hopefully we sign some decent players and we flog the crap ones; hoping also we bring in the few frozen out ones and they get clean slates too.

I want to get back to enjoying football or having some bit of hope - even if Ashley and co still own this club, I want to at least get some excitement or some joy out of this again.

This is my feeling too basically, I'm going to try to enjoy it a little bit.

Big tests coming up in the transfer window and when the cups start.

If he is a great coach then im really excited to see how Abeid, Cabella and Perez progress next year.

I hope Abeid gets another chance here. 

He had a great year in Greece and when he got into the team played well before his injuries.  Then he comes back and makes a mistake against Man Utd which leads to a goal.  After that, he barely featured and then it starts to be mentioned in news articles that the coaches don't think he can do this and that etc and he is likely to be one of the ones shipped out.

He is still young so why not try to coach the lad to address the shortcomings in his game instead of writing him off.  The attitude with Pardew and his staff seemed to be why bother trying to improve a player - just ship them out.  So MYM couldn't head a ball (like the other central defenders could!) so why not coach so he learns how to do that.  I can't believe how quick they were to write players off.

That is why the coaches needed to go as these players need to be looked at though fresh eyes without being influenced by entrenched opinions.

Hopefully such issues will now be addressed and we will see players starting to improve with the help of the staff.  Abeid might not be good enough but it seemed that he was never going to get the chance to prove himself either way.

Good point. I totally agree.

We will see an improvement from the players no doubt. When you go from the former staff to this guy it's going to be far different. Think he NOW has something to prove as this truly is his biggest job. He's not a royal c*** like Pardew and he's also got it in his to walk if he believes he can't do it anymore.

This is my feeling too basically, I'm going to try to enjoy it a little bit.

Big tests coming up in the transfer window and when the cups start.

At least he's a football man and he's not some fake smug cunt like Pardew. I'll disagree with much of what he does but he seems like a good guy who actually cares about his craft and his game. He will actually know what it's like up here when it's rocking and he will no doubt want to use that to his advantage. I will admit that I've not seen much of his sides since Boro and England so I'm lost as to how he plays football, the kind of players he relies on etc.

Definitely, he's a functioning football manager with some relevant experience, that's a big positive. And the second biggest positive is that he's been able to get rid of Carver and Stone, so a completely fresh start with the players.

Guest Roger Kint

Luke EdwardsVerified account

‏@LukeEdwardsTele

McClaren won't be holding a press conf Only speaking to carefully selected media partners. Real shame, missed opportunity for fresh start

Such a shit club :lol:

Luke EdwardsVerified account

‏@LukeEdwardsTele

McClaren won't be holding a press conf Only speaking to carefully selected media partners. Real shame, missed opportunity for fresh start

Such a s*** club :lol:

Waste of time following this club, everything is stage managed from a distance.

Amazing how easily and quickly the mood swings on here man  :lol:

- McClaren becomes the lead candidate, everyone hates it

- Carver gets sacked and suddenly people are positive and looking on the bright side, fresh start and all that

- Doesn't hold a press conference, same old shit, fuck this club etc.  :lol:

Seems like a lot of people posting here are willing to give the club a fresh chance, simply by a well-known liar saying on TV saying he'd spend some money and the club appointing a sacked Championship manager.

Seems bloody strange to me.

- Carver gets sacked and suddenly people are positive and looking on the bright side, fresh start and all that

- Doesn't hold a press conference, same old s***, f*** this club etc.  :lol:

Alreet Charnley, calm down.

This is probably just me being dumb and not paying attention when it isn't Newcastle related, but I can't remember the last time I saw a new manager press conference in the Premier League :lol:

Holy generalization batman.

I've never swayed on this like, it's better that Carver and Stone are gone but who gives a fuck.  A thoroughly underwhelming appointment that will achieve the fat wanker's aims and nowt else.  If the football's a touch better then great, because I've wondered for a while why I watch it every week now.  Still thoroughly disinterested compared to previously and that interest will only decrease while we voluntarily tread water, and this decision's very much part of that.

Holy generalization batman.

Attributing various individual opinions to a group to make a point about contrariness is the most vacuous argumentative tactic imaginable, it happens on here all the time.

Guest Roger Kint

I've never swayed on this like, it's better that Carver and Stone are gone but who gives a fuck.  A thoroughly underwhelming appointment that will achieve the fat wanker's aims and nowt else.  If the football's a touch better then great, because I've wondered for a while why I watch it every week now.  Still thoroughly disinterested compared to previously and that interest will only decrease while we voluntarily tread water, and this decision's very much part of that.

:thup: Typed a load then saw its basically a long winded version of this.