Steve McClaren

Dave

Looks out of his depth but is also being badly let down by his players.

Not a great deal of point sacking him as we can guarantee any replacement will be no better, and is quite likely to be a catastophic embarrassment a la Kinnear or Carver.

We're f***ed this time I reckon.

You're probably right to be fair, we never had a contingency plan for Pardew when he was dragging us through the bowls of disgusting football so I doubt we have any idea now. I don't think it matters now who comes in the damage was done way before McClaren and won't be sorted any time soon.

I concur we'd have grabbed a raggy win somewhere or put out a dog turd display at home for a few more draws. That doesn't mean I'd rather we were still in that position. I'm glad we are where we are, I would have taken us improving under McClaren and playing better football but I'll also accept being worse but not in a groundhog day of perpetuating loathing of everything at the club. Strangely even though worse in a twisted way it feels better because the man that made me hate football is gone and the fat fucker is closer to selling up.

Not gonna worry myself with how we'd supposedly be doing with Pardew. The man proved he was capable of having us tread water whilst playing God awful football - whilst being a massive cunt.

Now we're in the relegation zone which isn't that different imo. Certainly not in terms of how I feel. A lot of this is his doing anyway,  which is the point people keep forgetting.

During the time Pardew was manager, over 4 years, we were the only ever-present member of the division not to take a single point off Man City, home or away, so I wouldn't go using today as an opportunity to sing that cunt's praises.

Make no mistake, he was integral to creating the NUFC you see before you and nobody should ever forget that.

Or, what if Ashley actually cared to hire a quality Managing Director? Dropped that stupid board? Dropped that stupid transfer policy? Dropped Wonga? Cared for the club, the fans and the city?

What would happen?

Or, what if Ashley actually cared to hire a quality Managing Director? Dropped that stupid board? Dropped that stupid transfer policy? Dropped Wonga? Cared for the club, the fans and the city?

What would happen?

Some sort of break in the time space continuum. Rivers of blood, plagues of locusts, the whole deal.

What would happen?

Some sort of break in the time space continuum. Rivers of blood, plagues of locusts, the whole deal.

I'm afraid so.

We lost pretty much every match in 2014 and people think we'd be doing better under Pardew? :lol:

This is our worst ever start in PL history. Our worst start since the 1800's! We certainly (and didn't) wouldn't be doing any worse under Pardew which says all you need to know about McClaren and this group of imposters out on the pitch. No point in typing what I think about Ashley because the swear filter would make it unreadable.

Guest firetotheworks

We lost pretty much every match in 2014 and people think we'd be doing better under Pardew? :lol:

This is our worst ever start in PL history. Our worst start since the 1800's! We certainly (and didn't) wouldn't be doing any worse under Pardew which says all you need to know about McClaren and this group of imposters out on the pitch. No point in typing what I think about Ashley because the swear filter would make it unreadable.

Starts shmarts.

Sacking McClaren honestly won't achieve much. As several folk have already alluded to, there is a patent, deep-seated sense of malaise within the squad that will work against any coaching the players receive. The minute things take a turn for the worse, heads drop and the floodgates invariably open. The problem is endemic; simply doing a Sunderland and axing the manager in search of a short-term fix addresses absolutely nothing.