Steve McClaren

Dave

I have encountered three famous people on an economy flight before. I can therefore grade McClaren on a scale of celebrities on economy flight wankery.

David Moyes - took all the abuse in a Spain to Manchester flight well.

Ken Clarke MP - asked me to turn the sound off on my Gameboy and let his copy of the FT flutter on my side of the arm rest.

Steve McClaren

Will.i.am - booked the first eight rows on a flight from Manchester to Düsseldorf filling front three with mates. Made the plane late because he wouldn’t board until everyone else did. Stewardess put us in row 8 because we were at risk of missing connecting flight. After takeoff Will.I.Am demands we are moved. When plane lands a group of his mates deliberately blocks the aisles so he can leave swiftly and no one else can.

To be fair to Lufthansa the pilot heard of what happened and radioed ahead and not only was our connecting flight held for us, but we were given upgraded seats by way of apology.

Guest firetotheworks

I smell bullshit around this story.

Low and behold

Can we hear Stifler's thoughts on all of this? :lol:

I have encountered three famous people on an economy flight before. I can therefore grade McClaren on a scale of celebrities on economy flight wankery.

David Moyes - took all the abuse in a Spain to Manchester flight well.

Ken Clarke MP - asked me to turn the sound off on my Gameboy and let his copy of the FT flutter on my side of the arm rest.

Steve McClaren

Will.i.am - booked the first eight rows on a flight from Manchester to Düsseldorf filling front three with mates. Made the plane late because he wouldn’t board until everyone else did. Stewardess put us in row 8 because we were at risk of missing connecting flight. After takeoff Will.I.Am demands we are moved. When plane lands a group of his mates deliberately blocks the aisles so he can leave swiftly and no one else can.

To be fair to Lufthansa the pilot heard of what happened and radioed ahead and not only was our connecting flight held for us, but we were given upgraded seats by way of apology.

Was that an EasyJet flight from Bilbao (or maybe Madrid can't quite remember) to Manchester, just before/after he joined Sociedad? If so I was also on that flight...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This knacker currently on SSN talking bollocks.  He’s massively overstating the obvious but you can tell in his tone of voice that he thinks he’s giving viewers a wonderful expert’s insight into how the game works.

Charnley wants hung for thinking that this gimp was ever good enough to manage us.

This knacker currently on SSN talking bollocks.  He’s massively overstating the obvious but you can tell in his tone of voice that he thinks he’s giving viewers a wonderful expert’s insight into how the game works.

Charnley wants hung for thinking that this gimp was ever good enough to manage us.

Wasn't it more a Graham Carr idea to appoint him.

nodding his wise approval as the presenter talks, reminds me of David Brent.

Wasn't it more a Graham Carr idea to appoint him.

That was the story at the time so you’re probably right.  I still want to blame Charnley aswell though 👍