Steve McClaren

Dave

I don't have any ill feeling towards McClaren for some reason. :lol: Just think the situation we were in after Pardew & Carver was just too big for him in the end. Don't think he'll do a particularly bad job at QPR but they seem to have a low budget. Keeping them out of trouble would be a decent job.

I don't have any ill feeling towards McClaren for some reason. :lol: Just think the situation we were in after Pardew & Carver was just too big for him in the end. Don't think he'll do a particularly bad job at QPR but they seem to have a low budget. Keeping them out of trouble would be a decent job.

Me too. He just reminds me of someones crap uncle.

Me too. He just reminds me of someones crap uncle.

For me, he's someone that should never have been given the job here. People like Douglas in the Ronny Gill touting him for the job then ripping into him when it all went pear shaped amazed me, like it was some kind of surprise. The guy had failed in so many places, it was always going to happen at a place like NUFC, the only thing he did right was getting sacked and making way for Rafa, a proper manager and someone capable of handling a job of our nature.

I have never liked him. He has the presence of dropped food on the floor that clearly nobody wants and whoever picks it up is going to get looks of disgust from everyone else in the room. Felt like that since he was at man u and everything afterwards. When he was touted here I remember it being ryder who was heralding him coming and piping him off like he was a great acquisition. I was furious about it because after the shiteshow that was paedew and the spineless lip licker we had the chance to move on and do something different and actually better ourselves, not just marginally but make real steps. Instead we get graham carr's wet mouldy lettuce mate turning us down until Derby sacked him so he could get his coin and then join us. Inept dreary prick with no morals. I don't have the hate I do for pardew and carver, but he's still an embarrassing stain on the list of managers our club has had.

Thankfully though, it led to Rafa.

We played some okay stuff in patches in some games under him, but he told us how brilliant things were in post match interviews even though relegation was staring us in the face for months. Should've gone after the Chelsea mauling. Probably would've stayed up if he had.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...