Steve McClaren

Dave

Yep, could see that with our form in the run in. Still stand by this.

We played some okay stuff in patches in some games under him, but he told us how brilliant things were in post match interviews even though relegation was staring us in the face for months. Should've gone after the Chelsea mauling. Probably would've stayed up if he had.

He tried to play good football when he first arrived at Newcastle. Just bottled it and lost the plot because we kept losing.

Think he’s probably a decent manager, but I do find ‘destroy and exit’ on Athletico Mince hilarious.

His version of good football was Vurnon Anita and the two centre halves passing the ball between themselves. Tbf if we had someone decent instead of Anita there it could have worked

Three class clips to remember him by though. The one with the phone in the directors box, the one where he’s holding De Jong’s arm shouting at Sissoko to walk, and the one where he’s in the centre-circle all smiling and happy trying to get someone to come out, and they don’t. :lol:

Three class clips to remember him by though. The one with the phone in the directors box, the one where he’s holding De Jong’s arm shouting at Sissoko to walk, and the one where he’s in the centre-circle all smiling and happy trying to get someone to come out, and they don’t. :lol:

:lol:

At least with JFK, we knew he was mental, heck even he himself knew he was mental. Schteev was that senile uncle who has no idea he's walking around with his pants down.

At least with JFK, we knew he was mental, heck even he himself knew he was mental. Schteev was that senile uncle who has no idea he's walking around with his pants down.

JFK reminds me of the wheelchair bound Hector Salamanca

He was too committed to possession for possession sake imo. Really slow transitions, a lot of backward stuff. I wasn't a fan

Yep. It looked better than Pardew's anti-football but the results were even worse, amazingly enough.

JFK reminds me of the wheelchair bound Hector Salamanca

:lol: That does wheelchair bound Salamanca a disservice.

• 2 years later...

Flashback. I don't remember despising McClaren as much as Bruce. Does anyone recall what made Ashley pull the trigger? The points we have now are roughly the same I think.

Think it was Rafa making it known he was available probably through an agent

Flashback. I don't remember despising McClaren as much as Bruce. Does anyone recall what made Ashley pull the trigger? The points we have now are roughly the same I think.

Few things, Rafa was available and approached the club, the atmosphere and manner of the defeat to Bournemouth, our general performances and results in the league and the fact that we were 19th(?) when he was sacked.

Few things, Rafa was available and approached the club, the atmosphere and manner of the defeat to Bournemouth, our general performances and results in the league and the fact that we were 19th(?) when he was sacked.

Nah we were 17th when hair island was sacked, i think.

Nah we were 17th when hair island was sacked, i think.

Nah, 19th.

https://www.11v11.com/league-tables/premier-league/11-march-2016/

Our performances are far worse than I remember from when McClaren got sacked. Plus we have been consistently shit for quite some time.

The fact that from what local journos are saying. Ashley and Co think all is well because we’re not yet in the bottom 3, like we were back in 2016. Is just absolutely bonkers.

It says everything you need to know about the people running this club. Not learned anything from previous mistakes and lacking any foresight to see where this is heading.

I don't think our performances are as bad (not lately, anyway, West Brom aside) but it's irrelevant. We can't get any points on the board. We are definitely fucked - our best option is to sack Bruce just for the bounce at least.

Our performances are far worse than I remember from when McClaren got sacked. Plus we have been consistently shit for quite some time.

The fact that from what local journos are saying. Ashley and Co think all is well because we’re not yet in the bottom 3, like we were back in 2016. Is just absolutely bonkers.

It says everything you need to know about the people PERSON running this club. Not learned anything from previous mistakes and lacking any foresight to see where this is heading.

Only one person making the decisions and everyone else just goes along with it, too scared to tell him he's wrong.