Entourage

Giselle

Guest Gemmill

Saw a couple of episodes when I was last over in the US and am busy downloading Series 1 and 2 at the minute.  Calling it the male Sex and the City makes it sound totally gay though, which it isn't.

I've seen two first seasons, I like the show with all the cameos (Jessica Alba and others).. But I haven't seen any of season 3 yet, should keep my eyes open better.

The show is Mark Wahlberg's idea (and written too?), and by his words it reflects bit his first days in top in LA.

Guest TheHoff

Dunno anything about this apart from the HD trailer that I downloaded for my Xbox 360 (Just after buying my spanking new HD TV  :lol:).

Does anyone know if a full season is worth the bandwidth?

I mean its FOUR guys, similar to the FOUR girls in 'sex and the city'. They also have plenty of sex and have 'guy' fun, like the 'girls' on the other show have their own fun :D. Just watch it, you'll love it.

It's probably one of the best shows I've ever seen. Perfect for red-blooded males.

Season three is mint. Its only up to episode 8 though. In one episode, there's actually a THREESOME!!!!

Guest Gemmill
HBO presents Entourage, the hit comedy series executive produced by Mark Wahlberg that takes a look at the day-to-day life of Vincent (Vince) Chase, a hot young actor in modern-day Hollywood, and his entourage. He's brought with him from their hometown in Queens, NY: manager Eric, half-brother Drama, and friend Turtle. The series draws on the experiences of industry insiders to illustrate both the heady excesses of today's celebrity lifestyle, as well as the difficulty of finding love and success in the fast track of show biz. Now that the boys are getting used to the perks of stardom, Eric, along with superagent Ari, keep Vince's star rising while making sound decisions for a long-lasting career in a world of fleeting fame.

Adrian Grenier ("Drive Me Crazy," "Hart's War") stars as Vince. Kevin Connolly ("Antwone Fisher," "John Q") plays Eric, Vince's closest confidant who's learning the rules of the business as he tries to help Vince make the right choices and keep his trajectory aimed high. Kevin Dillon ("The Doors," "Platoon") plays Vince's half-brother Drama, whose own acting aspirations have been eclipsed by Vince's success. Jerry Ferrara ("Grounded for Life," "Leap of Faith") plays Turtle, the house manager, who's always up for a good time. Jeremy Piven ("Old School," "The Larry Sanders Show") plays Ari, Vince's aggressive, high-powered agent, who clashes with Eric over his client's decisions.

Also appearing in ENTOURAGE are Debi Mazar ("Goodfellas," "The Tuxedo") as Vince's publicist Shauna and Rex Lee as Lloyd, Ari Gold's much-maligned assistant.

In case anyone's wondering about the concept.  It's HBO, but it's not a patch on their best shows, but still decent enough entertainmeny.  Better than your average UK TV show, that's for sure.

Dunno anything about this apart from the HD trailer that I downloaded for my Xbox 360 (Just after buying my spanking new HD TV  :lol:).

Does anyone know if a full season is worth the bandwidth?

You won't regret downloading it. Each episode is roughly 25 minutes so the setup is more a comedy-style series, which it definitely is. Each episode is different, unique and funny. 14 (?) episodes a season without all the normal 'bullshit' that you get from other shows. This show is one that's never been done before and gives a real outlook into 'Hollywood'.

I've seen two first seasons, I like the show with all the cameos (Jessica Alba and others).. But I haven't seen any of season 3 yet, should keep my eyes open better.

The show is Mark Wahlberg's idea (and written too?), and by his words it reflects bit his first days in top in LA.

Isn't Marky Mark's brother in it as well?

• 1 month later...

Been watching it on the Finnish telly's rate but Im desperate to see more & faster so have to start downloading..

Just watched the last two episoides of season two..best so far imo was the one where Ari got sacked. Him and Loyd were fucking hilarious  :lol:

No it wasnt. Season 3 is the one that has been airing now. Theres 8 more episoides to that and those will be aired early next year.

I haven't watched season 3 so maybe you are talking about some other sacking. Sacking by Vince and the boys? Im talking about Ari getting sacked from the office which should be pretty clear coz i mentioned him and Loyd...

No it wasnt. Season 3 is the one that has been airing now. Theres 8 more episoides to that and those will be aired early next year.

I haven't watched season 3 so maybe you are talking about some other sacking. Sacking by Vince and the boys? Im talking about Ari getting sacked from the office which should be pretty clear coz i mentioned him and Loyd...

Oooh my bad then. I'll go away now because I don't want to spoil it for you if you haven't reached the US pace.

• 6 months later...