Not really help, more info...

Cajun

Was just wondering those who run web sites, what is the best antivirus to use? Also is there is a URL for help on starting sites and stuff is there not?

Cheers.

PS dont worry its not for me, I wont be trying to improve my already poor knowledge of computers.

Was just wondering those who run web sites, what is the best antivirus to use? Also is there is a URL for help on starting sites and stuff is there not?

Cheers.

PS dont worry its not for me, I wont be trying to improve my already poor knowledge of computers.

I'm not sure about the AV for web sites, why would they need one if the sites are stored on a secure server?

I would guess that a good way to start a site is to get some software, Dreamweaver isn't bad.  Then download some templates and mess about with them on your PC.  Most ISP's provide some web space when you sign up so that will be a good place to start with designing your own before splashing cash on a host.  If somebody is serious about it then buying a domain name is a good idea, do it early as it could be sold by the time you decide to go for it, they're fairly cheap if you shop around.

Need a bit more info really. Is this person buying there own server and putting it somewhere ? If they are and they aren't sure about what to put on the server I would advice they don't do that at all and just pay for a dedicated server or some server webspace where they won't need to faff on with anything like that.

Its a bloke who works in IT at my company, has been asked to make a couple of proffesional websites for friends and wanted general info like anti-virus software etc..

Is there a forum dedicated to this type of query?