Hip hop fans

Guest kingdawson

I'm beginning to lose track of modern music, being over 30! Are we talking Fishscale as in the Michael Fishscale, used in weather predictions to determine the chance of hurricanes NOT hitting Britain?

My favourite wrapper as a pre-pubescent was anyone out that band that sang "Pass the Duchy" (on the left hand side)  O0

What is a duchy? 

Band was called Musical Youth. 

I daint kna!  Duchy, Dutchy - Starsky and Hutchy!!!

It's a spliff innit?  O0

A spliff is sometimes refered to as a dutch but very rarely (missy elliot brought it back).

Just as tap dancing for lads was reintroduced by Billy Elliot  O0

Dutchies are not spliffs. a dutchie is a blunt, rolled with a Dutch Masters Brand. Come on, simple stuff here.

At least some of us Douglas' are up with the times.  I applaud you, sir. 

I'm beginning to lose track of modern music, being over 30! Are we talking Fishscale as in the Michael Fishscale, used in weather predictions to determine the chance of hurricanes NOT hitting Britain?

My favourite wrapper as a pre-pubescent was anyone out that band that sang "Pass the Duchy" (on the left hand side)   O0

What is a duchy? 

It's a spliff innit?   O0

A spliff is sometimes refered to as a dutch but very rarely (missy elliot brought it back).

Just as tap dancing for lads was reintroduced by Billy Elliot   O0

Dutchies are not spliffs. a dutchie is a blunt, rolled with a Dutch Masters Brand. Come on, simple stuff here.

I see you were paying attention in that drug awareness class.

Guest lankybellwipe

My favourite wrapper as a pre-pubescent was anyone out that band that sang "Pass the Duchy" (on the left hand side)  O0

What is a duchy? 

It's a spliff innit?  O0

whats a douglas then?  Apart from the capital, Michael, or Kirk, or a man without a spade in his heed!

What is a duchy? 

It's a spliff innit?  O0

whats a douglas then?  Apart from the capital, Michael, or Kirk, or a man without a spade in his heed!

'Tis I, sir Bellwipe! 

My favourite wrapper as a pre-pubescent was anyone out that band that sang "Pass the Duchy" (on the left hand side)   O0

Not sure Luxembourg is going to be happy about being passed around tbh.

This is the album KingDawson should have posted: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41nuzyJfzOL._SS500_.jpg

Next to the Blueprint, this is his best album.  Fuckin' immense. 

It's ok, but no Reasonable Doubt.

This is the album KingDawson should have posted: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41nuzyJfzOL._SS500_.jpg

Ya is it good?What do ye make of Kingdom come?Half listened to it,not great so far!

Ya is it good?What do ye make of Kingdom come?Half listened to it,not great so far!

Well, Kingdom come wasn't his best and was kinda half ass'd.  If you liked the Black Album, you'll like this, Ollie. 

The Lil' Weezy and Nas tracks are superb. 

Why do I get the feeling if I had of said Reasonable Doubt, you would have said The Blueprint?

Well, Kingdom come wasn't his best and was kinda half ass'd.  If you liked the Black Album, you'll like this, Ollie. 

The Lil' Weezy and Nas tracks are superb. 

Why do I get the feeling if I had of said Reasonable Doubt, you would have said The Blueprint?

Ya enjoyed the black album,not his best still good

Reasonable Doubt > The Blueprint > Blueprint 2.

All the rest of his stuff is pretty subpar compared to the first two masterpieces mentioned above. In fact, BP2 shouldn't even be included in the same breath as the former two albums. Two of all the greatest rap albums ever made.

Guest kingdawson

All the rest of his stuff is pretty subpar compared to the first two masterpieces mentioned above. In fact, BP2 shouldn't even be included in the same breath as the former two albums. Two of all the greatest rap albums ever made.

Blueprint 2 was a very good album tbh. Like Melanchronic ive never really been a fan of jay.

My Top 3 emcees dead or alive

1) Nas

2) Big Pun

3) Biggie

Blueprint 2 was a very good album tbh. Like Melanchronic ive never really been a fan of jay.

1) Nas

2) Big Pun

3) Biggie

Amen to Nas, ma n*gga. Absolutely sublime in his prime. His 'battle' with Jay Hove was laughable as Jay Z, try as he might, could never, ever match Nas in intellectual rhyming.

My favourite rappers right now?

Mos Def

Talib Kweli

1) Nas

2) Big Pun

3) Biggie

Amen to Nas, ma n*gga. Absolutely sublime in his prime. His 'battle' with Jay Hove was laughable as Jay Z, try as he might, could never, ever match Nas in intellectual rhyming.

Mos Def

Talib Kweli

Ya man Im glad someone mentioned Talib,hes a genius!Common should be giving a mention,hes one of my favourites as well!

Guest NUFCGator

Go back and listen to the album Blackstar and then pray that they work together again on more than just one track each time one of them releases a new cd. And if you like them go listen to Common's old stuff, Resurrection and Like Water For Chocolate are amazing in every sense of the word. I never get tired of listening to them.

1) Nas

2) Big Pun

3) Biggie

Mos Def

Talib Kweli

Guess who I've just seen? ;)

Ford kicked arse!! :nods:

I wouldn't. Reasonable Doubt is quite clearly hov's strongest release.

As for top 3 emcees alive or dead, it's almost impossible to look past Nas and Rakim in the top two spots, with possibly Biggie coming in at three. I like Mos Def and Talib but would never consider them to be up there.