Hip hop fans

Guest kingdawson

You can tell he left school in 8th grade. Nas did too but apparently he read all day.

Mobb Deep and A Tribe Called Quest went to artistic high schools. This guy is a no talent cashing on his looks.

They're not doing the same genre of music. Even if the music is not your cup of tea, 6ix9ine is undoubtedly very talented at what he's doing. Just as you can't deny Michael Bay having talent as even though Transformers isn't exactly The Godfather, by god Transformers is still an extremely hard movie to make. If you look at the technical aspect rather than story and substance and how he's pulled it off, Michael Bay is an extremely talented director.

Sidenote: not a big fan of 6ix9ine's music, just saying it's a dumb argument to try to make just because you don't personally like something.

But Transformers is overproduced just like 69 is. It’s lowest common denominator. It’s like “I’m watching Big Bang Theory” in the What are you watching thread.

Or comparing to the overly conscious rappers that only exist to sell out to the new wave of righteousness. Not a pop at you in anyway, but at least 6ix is antisystem to a degree, he bucks the trend of trying hard to be cool.

He looks like he’s trying pretty hard to me. Taking away the legal stuff. I do wonder if he would ever be relevant, if not for the fact the cunt looks like he’s let a load of kids with ADHD paint his hair and draw all over him.

His music is utter shite and even in this modern day age of commercial rap and hip hop being mainly shite. He manages to make it even worse.

No, it's like comparing The Big Bang Theory to The Sopranos. They're not the same thing, so it's an unfair comprison.

This is the “hip hop” thread. Do not post anything unless it is better or close to better than this...

This is the bar.

Shyne has just popped up on my Spotify.

Wonder how much bigger he would have been if he didn't shoot some lass in a club to impress jlo and puff and the fact they have based alot of their success around real street people and took advantage?

Jay Electronica's album earlier this year any good? Still haven't got round to listening to that.

To me it’s amazing but it certainly isn’t for everyone. It’s more better in tune with the infinite than exhibit C.

:lol: Astroblack[/member] proper loves Jimothy. I do dig the one on the underground.

:lol: I really do.

His music is really wholesome and positive.

I thought the Jay Electronica album was a nice little treat. I really liked Jay-Z on that album. Felt he outshined Jay Elec and he probably didn’t even mean it.

Staying on UK stuff. Still playing a lot of Dave. I think he’s pure class. Also been listening to some old Akala stuff. Seriouslu underrated as a rapper and I usually enjoy listening to him talk on political and cultural issues, as well. A really engaging and switched on bloke.

Akala’s fantastic but very intense, I listen to him in short bursts.

Going back further, my main people were people like Jehst, Taskforce, Mark B and Blade etc. That genre hasn’t aged well really, although Jehst is still going strong. Doc Brown as well, before he got into comedy.

I like Aitch right now because he’s northern, reminds me of people I used to listen to from Leeds and Manchester, Braintax, Asaviour, Out da Ville etc.

'out of sight' goes haaaaard.

Killer Mike's first verse on Walking in Snow could have been written in the last week. Brilliant song.

If this is even close to 2 or 3, they have to be considered as amongst the best ever.

It's so good. El-P's production is amazing, as always, but especially now that they've got the resources to clear samples. And while maybe neither of them is in the running for best MC ever, they're both really good, especially in terms of lyrics if maybe not quite as much in terms of flow.