Great North Run 2006

Guest Geordiesned

Guest Geordiesned

Who's doing it this year? I seem to remember a couple of people mentioning it a few months back. If you are doing it, how's the training going?

I'm heading to the gym soon and aim to do 7-8 miles on the treadmill. Then I want to try and do about the same distance on the road tomorrow. To be honest I'm not as fit as I'd like to be with the race only 7 weeks away but I suppose if I knuckle down to it I'll get where I want to be.

I'm raising money for Cancer Research UK so if anyone would like to sponsor me then you can click on the link below. Thank you to those who have already done so. :)

Guest BooBoo

Who's doing it this year? I seem to remember a couple of people mentioning it a few months back. If you are doing it, how's the training going?

I'm heading to the gym soon and aim to do 7-8 miles on the treadmill. Then I want to try and do about the same distance on the road tomorrow. To be honest I'm not as fit as I'd like to be with the race only 7 weeks away but I suppose if I knuckle down to it I'll get where I want to be.

I'm raising money for Cancer Research UK so if anyone would like to sponsor me then you can click on the link below. Thank you to those who have already done so. :)

He aint lieing either. After 30 minutes of 5 aside he vanishes!

:winking:

Guest Geordiesned

He aint lieing either. After 30 minutes of 5 aside he vanishes!

:winking:

Fittest bloke on the pitch tbh.  tongue.gif

Guest altyfc

I'm going to do it.  Haven't really done any training yet... I play football once a week to keep a modicum of fitness and then usually panic in the last few weeks and think "aaargh... I need to do some miles".  It's worked for the last 8 years or so but it's high time I started taking it more seriously and prepared a bit more.

• 1 month later...
Guest Geordiesned

It would bloody rain now wouldn't it! It was a tad hot towards the end of the run today. I picked up an injury to my right calf on my final training run on Friday so I was a bit nervous when I was warming up. However, it didn't effect me too much and I still managed a respectable time of 1 hour 55 minutes.

It's not too late to sponsor me if you haven't already!  :wink:

Visit my fundraising page here; http://www.justgiving.com/sned-great-north-run-2006

It would bloody rain now wouldn't it! It was a tad hot towards the end of the run today. I picked up an injury to my right calf on my final training run on Friday so I was a bit nervous when I was warming up. However, it didn't effect me too much and I still managed a respectable time of 1 hour 55 minutes.

It's not too late to sponsor me if you haven't already!  :wink:

Visit my fundraising page here; http://www.justgiving.com/sned-great-north-run-2006

Well done sned.

:first:

I've never done it but wouldnt it be great if they ran along the North side of the Tyne for once?

Start in Gateshead over the bridge then through Byker, Wallsend etc finishing up on the Links in Whitley Bay?

Much more Scenic route I say.

Guest Geordiesned

I did it for the first time yesterday(first time i could)

2:07:15

Well done mate.

I've just been for a much needed massage with my favourite masseuse, the lovely Steph.  snoopy.gif

Guest nufcandy

i think shes mates with keane anyway, and he organised a box for their game on saturday, doubt that was such a hard task to find an empty one mind!

• 1 month later...
Guest Geordiesned

I've finally managed to collect in all my sponsorship money. A big thank you to all those who sponsored me - I raised a grand total of £511 for Cancer Research UK! :D :D :D