The Gallaghers

Crumpy Gunt

7 minutes ago, Rich said:

Hehe, not surprised Liam is starting this up again after his last album.

Be even more desperate to reform Oasis and ramping it up now with Noels marital issues, as he (Liam) blames Noels missus for the band break up. 

2 hours ago, tgarve said:

I really hope they get back together , would be epic- they both still sound good at this point 

No, no and thrice no.

I saw slightly past the peak Oasis live and it was amazing, but towards the end seeing them live was like watching a tribute act go through the motions.

Iconic bands reforming so they can roll around in massive piles of dolla dolla bills is awful and should be outlawed. Some things need to stay in the past.

Edited by bobbydazzla

Yeah, honestly, I wouldn;t mind Oasis not reforming as whilst many find it a bit Marmite and MOR, I think Noels solo output has been cracking, even the last Album.

Liam's first Album was great, 2nd had a few decent tunes on, but the last one, I just cant get into.

I think Noel is probably in a happier place, musically, and I belive it is only Liam who wants 'the band back together'.

Let Oasis be what they were, and dont tarnish the legacy of the first 2 or 3 albums, but as stated above, they were waning a bit towards the end.

I wouldn't want them making music as a band again - prefer them solo at this stage, but honestly I'd be buzzing for a couple of nights of one-off mega shows (Liam at Knebworth style).

Edited by Inferior Acuña

3 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

No, no and thrice no.

I saw slightly past the peak Oasis live and it was amazing, but towards the end seeing them live was like watching a tribute act go through the motions.

Iconic bands reforming so they can roll around in massive piles of dolla dolla bills is awful and should be outlawed. Some things need to stay in the past.

I did aswell but they definitely could pull it together and get the vibe for a few huge shows 

On 17/01/2023 at 19:33, bobbydazzla said:

I’d agree that 1st albums are often the best an artist ever manages to achieve, but there are also many exceptions.

Nevermind, Screamadelica, The Bends immediately come to mind 

No, good point.

In Oasis's case, though, I don't think they bettered DM, in my opinion.

4 minutes ago, kingkerouac said:

No, good point.

In Oasis's case, though, I don't think they bettered DM, in my opinion.

They didn’t but WTS was still better than most other albums on earth , the master plan b sides had many good ones also and their bar is so high they still did many good tunes scattered throughout , even the likes of Lyla and Falling down in their later years are canny tunes 

23 hours ago, tgarve said:

They didn’t but WTS was still better than most other albums on earth , the master plan b sides had many good ones also and their bar is so high they still did many good tunes scattered throughout , even the likes of Lyla and Falling down in their later years are canny tunes 

Yeah, The Masterplan was great, it was just B-sides n' stuff, but good shout.

On 17/01/2023 at 19:04, kingkerouac said:

An old hippy friend of mine told me over 40 years ago, that all bands never do better than their first release - with the obvious exception of The Beatles - I'm starting to think he was probably right.

What a load of rubbish 🙂

10 hours ago, LFEE said:

What a load of rubbish 🙂

'Difficult third album' syndrome.  I think the general idea is that once you've made it, you've got nothing left to say - you're removed from the life that you shared with the people listening to your music, and life is now snorting pink cocaine off the back of a midget at an orgy after playing Wembley.

Oasis are probably the definition of a band which suffered 'difficult third album' syndrome, which I think Noel pretty much ascribed to the cocaine / midgets / gang bang / rock superstar stuff.  They stopped singing about everyday life and started to get Beatles fantasies.  Doesn't apply across the board, of course - The Smiths' third album was The Queen Is Dead, after all.

I reckon if Noel had sat on the amazing 94-96 b-sides and released them as part of a run of three albums between 94-97 then that would have given him enough breathing space to get creative again for a new 4th album in 99.

Possibly avoiding difficult 3rd album syndrome, rather than rushing into BHN when he’d blown his beans creatively and was also off his lips in the studio on mountains of bugger dust convincing himself that it was a good idea to include Beatles song titles in every tune.

But then amazing b-sides is one of the reasons why people loved early Oasis. So what the fuck do I know. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

I think BHN has some moments but it’s a tough listen as a whole album

Billions of millions of guitar overdubs, the mix has no bottom end, pretty much every song is double the length it should be and there‘a some very poor lyrics, including the incessant Beatles song title references

The Masterplan album is a lot better than BHN in my opinion. Full of bangers. If they’d combined their 95/96 era b-sides with WTSMG they could have released two waxxa albums then taken a couple of years off 

Edited by bobbydazzla

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

I think BHN has some moments but it’s a tough listen as a whole album

Billions of millions of guitar overdubs, the mix has no bottom end, pretty much every song is double the length it should be and there‘a some very poor lyrics, including the incessant Beatles song title references

The Masterplan album is a lot better than BHN in my opinion. Full of bangers. If they’d combined their 95/96 era b-sides with WTSMG they could have released two waxxa albums then taken a couple of years off 

BHN was the start of the decline into MOR indie landfill, imo.

10 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

I reckon if Noel had sat on the amazing 94-96 b-sides and released them as part of a run of three albums between 94-97 then that would have given him enough breathing space to get creative again for a new 4th album in 99.

Possibly avoiding difficult 3rd album syndrome, rather than rushing into BHN when he’d blown his beans creatively and was also off his lips in the studio on mountains of bugger dust convincing himself that it was a good idea to include Beatles song titles in every tune.

But then amazing b-sides is one of the reasons why people loved early Oasis. So what the fuck do I know. 

I agree. I’d say exactly the same about The Stone Roses. Turns Into Stone should’ve been the bulk of their 2nd album in hindsight. Shame they never made that allusive 3rd official album. Don’t particularly mind BHN though. Just needed editing a minute or two off each song and the treble turned down and a few guitar overdubs removed possibly.