TV deals?

Guest gimp suit

Guest gimp suit

over the summer we had a few threads about people buying tv's, deals for tv's, people selling projectors etc.

i'm currently planning on totally doing out my room and i'm wanting a big screen of some sort - and as usual i don't want to spend too much money  :lol:

i remember somebody posted a deal at currys a while ago for a TV so i was wondering if anyone knows of any good sites and/or deals worth browsing through before buying one?

Plasma > LCD in terms of economy per inch.

Take a look here: www.avforums.com/forums/index.php and stick some posts on asking for opinions, you'll need to state more requirements than you have here though.

Then try and find a good price using google and www.pricerunner.co.uk

Guest Invicta_Toon

dunno about the best deals, but at Richer Sounds you get money off by quoting the internet price in the shop (which is dearer), which they'll then give you the telly for.

over the summer we had a few threads about people buying tv's, deals for tv's, people selling projectors etc.

i'm currently planning on totally doing out my room and i'm wanting a big screen of some sort - and as usual i don't want to spend too much money  :lol:

i remember somebody posted a deal at currys a while ago for a TV so i was wondering if anyone knows of any good sites and/or deals worth browsing through before buying one?

is all this big tele stuff worth it...parents in law bought a huge tele and whinge theres nowt on,and for me the good stuff is about thequality of the story,acting etc rather than the quality of the print.

is all this big tele stuff worth it...parents in law bought a huge tele and whinge theres nowt on,and for me the good stuff is about thequality of the story,acting etc rather than the quality of the print.

Same here. I don't get all this fuss over HDTV. I don't think I've seen a HDTV yet, but really, how much better can it be? How much more clarity do I need to watch Top Gear or the Simpsons?

Same here. I don't get all this fuss over HDTV. I don't think I've seen a HDTV yet, but really, how much better can it be? How much more clarity do I need to watch Top Gear or the Simpsons?

The difference is amazing, but you really need a 32"+ telly to justify it.

Even without HD though, LCDs/plasmas are far more convenient. You can't stick a large screen CRT up on the wall, nor can you plug your PC into 99% of them.

i have seen an hdtv,in the world cup and it didnt improve it,the match has a pattern like a film story and the quality you see it in(negligible though it was)is secondary to the story

If that is the case why do you need a big TV at all? Or even a colour TV when B&W will do (sometimes :wink: )? Nicam stereo sound when mono will do? Fastext when teletext will do?

Technology moves.

If that is the case why do you need a big TV at all? Or even a colour TV when B&W will do (sometimes :wink: )? Nicam stereo sound when mono will do? Fastext when teletext will do?

Technology moves.

colours necessary(ask f w de klerk),and you have to have it big enough to take things in,20" is big enough,any big is a waste.

right now,enough about cocks,what about teles

also, projectors defintiely aren't cheap, right?

Wrong, but it depends what you want. Also, you need space on a wall to project onto or a pull-down screen.

There are others on here with more experience of projectors than me, but try this for example: link

• 1 year later...

is this projector any good lads?

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.202-9894.aspx

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/9784/aw072029894tps236962hm3.jpghttp://img401.imageshack.us/img401/7332/aw072029894tps241398el0.jpg

Accessories Included Manual, Support CD, SCART - VGA adaptor, VGA, S-Video, Composite cables

Aspect Ratio 16:9

Brand Optoma

Compatibility 800 x 600 up to SXGA (1280 x 1024)

Contrast Ratio 2200:1

Digital Zoom 1.36-1.54:1

Display Type DLP

Features of Product Built in speakers and DVD player

Connects to TV & most video sources

Complete all in one solution

Image Size Range in M 0.78 – 7.78m (30" to 306") Diagonal 4:3

Inputs VGA (RGB/YPbPr/SCART), S-video, Composite (Via Adaptor), Audio In & RS232

Lumens or Brightness 1600

Outputs Audio Out (3.5mm jack) Digital Audio Out (Coax) Dolby 5.1 & Dobly DTS

Product Depth 27.3 cm

Product Height 11.7 cm

Product Range Audio Visual

Product Sub Category Projectors

Product Width 36.8 cm

Quiet Operation 30dB

Resolution SGVA (800x600)

Throw Distance Range in M 1.2 - 12

Video PAL, NTSC 480i/p, SECAM 625i/p, 720p/1080i