United 93

Parky

I mean they break down the flightcabin door with a tea trolley. :obi:

Like evey mutha is on the phone and the hijackers don't notice.

i thought those "tea trolleys" weigh over 300 pounds?  could that not work to break down a airliner cabin door? :dontknow:

i thought those "tea trolleys" weigh over 300 pounds?   could that not work to break down a airliner cabin door? :dontknow:

Unless B.A. Baracus welded it into a crow bar or other such shit.  :winking:

i thought those "tea trolleys" weigh over 300 pounds?   could that not work to break down a airliner cabin door? :dontknow:

is that the british version of mcgyver?

well, i did some checking and here's a requirement to be a flight attendant for continental airlines.  must be able to:

Push and pull beverage/meal cart (150-250 lbs.)

I think he died sweetie.

blueeek.gif  CRAP!

:lol: 

you know what i mean... was he too ott heroic, trite, implausible...  that sort of thing.  bluewink.gif

and btw, DOWN with that sort of thing!  :thdn:

bluecool.gif :thup:

Who the fuck do you think made/drove this kernt?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/images/2005/03/07/a_team_400x300.jpg :winking:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/tyne/content/images/2005/03/07/a_team_400x300.jpg :winking:

ahhh, so a much CLASSIER british version of macgyver!  :lol:    i don't know what he drove

What's all the f*king hating for. Was there this much hatred for the director's first film, Bloody Sunday?

I haven't seen this one yet, who knows if I'm going to or not, but I admire the director and have read countless articles about this film. Apparently he did almost an infinite amount of research on what exactly went on in that flight. And he wanted to avoid politics at all cost and simply show the "in-the-moment truth" of it all. I thought it worked fantastically well in Bloody Sunday, where for most of the film we follow both sides, until the w*nkers start shooting unarmed women and children.

Is it simply a bad film though, Parky n all, or is politics blinding your judgements? Lemme know, I might just pick it up on DVD when it comes out. I just hope he didn't make it cheesy.

PS: Most of the dialogue and scenarios are from the actual audio scripts that were made from the official tapes off the flight.

ahhh, so a much CLASSIER british version of macgyver!   :lol:     i don't know what he drove

http://ffmedia.ign.com/filmforce/image/mr-t-promo_1097606461.jpg

Guest Alan Shearer 9

can't believe you went to see it Parky, even though I presume you were going for a laugh, waste of your money

Guest Jackie Broon

It didn't end up in the Pentagon, if was the flight that 'crashed' in Pennsylvania.

Or was shot down by the US air force. It was after 10am and i think over an hour after the first plane went into the tower. I think thats enough time to scramble a couple of fighter planes. There was no footage, just pictures later in the day. Now, i'm not a conspiracist sort of bloke but i did think at the time it could have been shot down. In the US that would have been a massive thing and been very destabilising knowing that the government killed its own people deliberately. If you cover it up, one way to turn the fiction into fact is by....... making a movie.

The phone calls could have been made anyway before it was shot down and if they did overpower the terrorists, why didnt they try to land the plane safely (am sure the film will deal with this point)? I dont buy into other theories about that day but there are two things to think about.

1. Would the US govt consider killing its own citizens to protect the Pentagon? (course they would)

2. Could they ever admit to it? (course they wont)

My conclusion is that there is a strong possibility that it was shot down and that this film is nothing more than a way of cementing the fiction into fact.

Its a story about all-american heroes, who would dare questions its validity???