Alan Smith

tmonkey

i love smiths attitude and work rate but its just not enough,he just doesnt add anything to our team.

I do appreciate what he puts in but he is so average its unreal. As a midfielder he is woeful, as a striker he can hold the ball up and....... erm.......... he gets stuck in.

Agree, Smith was Sam's biggest mistake. He has absolutely nothing to offer football wise. In fact, he's a liability. Gives away silly freekicks all the time which cost us, as happened yesterday.

Sam made so many mistakes, its a bold move to call that hair-dyed pathetic excuse for a player his WORST one.

Mind, he's up there, certainly.

He'll be gone in the summer, i reckon we'll get our money back as well, people outside still rate him and will probably just blame us for him having an off season.

Barton will be the tricky one getting our coin back for. Would anyone take the chance? Chances are he could come good given the right support off field as he has the ability, just needs to sort his life out.

Rozy should hold some value due to him having good exp abroad, Cacapa, Viduka & Geremi were all free, and i'd keep Enrique, Beye & Feye.

Allardyce's mess isn't so messy really, but it could of been worse if he was given this window to spend. We got rid of him in time.

He'll be gone in the summer, i reckon we'll get our money back as well, people outside still rate him and will probably just blame us for him having an off season.

Barton will be the tricky one getting our coin back for. Would anyone take the chance? Chances are he could come good given the right support off field as he has the ability, just needs to sort his life out.

Rozy should hold some value due to him having good exp abroad, Cacapa, Viduka & Geremi were all free, and i'd keep Enrique, Beye & Feye.

Allardyce's mess isn't so messy really, but it could of been worse if he was given this window to spend. We got rid of him in time.

I doubt we'll get our money back for Smith now. We aren't the only ones who've seen how he's played.

It's a two match ban for Smith.

Usually I wouldn't be that bothered, but it leaves us very short in midfield with Butts two match ban at the same time.

N'Zogbia and Emre in central midfield?

Does it matter? Smith is an empty shirt, man. He's an anti-player.

Does anyone else think that he might come good under new management when he's more than likely going to be asked to attack?

Alan Smith is not a holding midfielder and has looked crap there, but when he's played in attack this season he's looked a lot better.

Plus, even though there is a lack of talent there, at least he gives 110%. I wish some of the other players would take note sometimes.

I hate Alan Smith, and I genuinely belive he's one of the worst players I've watched represent us in 15 odd years of supporting this team. His entire ability consists of receiving the ball, losing it or giving it away, and then fouling somebody in a dangerous position. That's it. He can't/doesn't shoot, can't pass, can't cross, can't actually tackle without conceding a free kick or notching up a booking/red card, and is clearly thick as a lumerjack's stockpile. The man has no talent. He was an alright forward at Leeds, where a goalscoring burden was one him, but failed at Man United where the main reason he was held in such regard was because he had a nasty injury and so everyone felt sorry for him because he was a "nice lad", which he isn't anyway, he's a dispicable, fouling, foul-mouthed tosser. I hate this argument that because he "gives 100% every game" and "gets stuck in" he merits a regular starting berth. FFS every play should give 100% and get stuck in as a minimum requirement, for me it goes without saying. The man for me is a useless waste of transfer fee and wages and isn't good enough to sit in the bench, let alone be captain, as he literally offers nothing to our team. Furthermore, he has not looked that good in attack. To be a striker you must score goals, simple as. He can't and doesn't. Viduka, while lazier than him, will at least fashion himself a chance/stick away a goal or two given the service. Smith has somehow blagged his way to being an England squad regular and an undisputed starter here without any merit whatsoever, so I congratulate him on his ability to dupe everyone. Maybe he sends out nice Christmas cards or is actually the bastard child of Brian Barwick or something. I can't figure out any other reason why he plays.

• 4 weeks later...