This Liverpool jizzfest.

Optimistic Nut

Is it just me or does anybody else think the media are seriously over-rating Liverpool this season? Stuff like they'll run Chelsea even closer is a very bold statement seeing as they were only 8 behind them in the end last year. I can see them finishing 15-20 points behind Chelsea, and 10-15 behind Arsenal & Man U. They'll finish 4th at highest, and I can see Spurs running them close for 4th. Can't see any of their strikers scoring more than 15 goals.

Let's see what their defence is made of minus Carragher & Riise.  :winking:

Sorry, but to me that Liverpool side they have now is no better than a Spurs or Blackburn (barring Bellamy & Gerrard). Aurelio, Kronkamp, Agger, Gonzalez, Fowler, Zenden...not exactly the greatest.

I can't believe it. Riise's in my family fantasy football team and Carragher's in my N-O Fantasy Football team. Just transfered Riise out like and replaced him with Gary Neville ;)

Let's see what their defence is made of minus Carragher & Riise.  :winking:

Sorry, but to me that Liverpool side they have now is no better than a Spurs or Blackburn (barring Bellamy & Gerrard). Aurelio, Kronkamp, Agger, Gonzalez, Fowler, Zenden...not exactly the greatest.

what! that liverpool side is so far ahead of both teams - this signing Benitez has signed the missing links he was missing last season - Gonzalez, Pennent on the right etc, their side is full of class.

Well okay, let's include him and for me, they still only have 4 players capable of winning the title. (Alonso, Gerrard, Carragher & Bellamy). They are the four who set them apart from the likes of Spurs, ourselves & Blackburn, but they're still a mile behind Chelsea & Man U. (that's just my opinion though).

I think it's the fact the team is managed by Rafa, as much as anything.  Player for player, they're not anything special.  Sure they're losing just now, but I'm pretty sure they'll be second or third come the end of the season.

Avoided the tackle, stood on the ball and appealed for a penalty. Does Andy Gray ask why he wasn't booked for diving or whatever? No. He asks why Jagielka was given the red-card.  :wullie:

The guy was sent off? If thats true that's shocking...