The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I will never turn my back on newcastle

But Redknapp is not good enough

Football is about opinions to take an old cliche, but the man is one of the best at bringing in relatively unknown players and turning them into to premiership stars, look at Benjani and Muntari.

He is also known for getting the best out of older players such as Campbell and James, and we have a few of those, so if appointed give him a chance is all i'm saying

They were good players even before they join Portsmouth

Campbell is good player and Arry is not the reason for that.Even Roeder would make Cambpell look good.

FFS Portsmouth havent scored at home for 3 months

Feck off Arry

SSN says that Redknapp is/was in London having a meal with family and friends, which could simply mean that we offered him the job today he has/is discussing it with then before coming back to Newcastle in the morning, and in the meantime we are trying to negotiate a compensation package with Pompey to speed up the process.

SSN (David Craig) also said that they expect the whole thing to be tied up with Harry and Portsmouth before they come up to play Sunderland, which hints at an announcement before or more likely after the man united game tomorrow.

But PLEASE PLEASE forget about Alan Shearer its not going to happen!

I'm now hearing that the meal is at Kemsley Manor and Chris Mort is there too.  Anyone able to verify whether Mort is in Newcastle or London??

was at st james earlier dont know about now

Cheers for that.  It was probably bollocks anyway.

If Ashley is at the game tomorrow he will certainly be told not to get Redknapp

thought he was in Hong Kong.  Or have sources said he's flying back?

he is in about 10 different places but he was on holiday last week and flew back for stoke

one way or another we need to let him no we dont want redknapp

If 'We' dont want Redknapp then who do 'we' want?

and be reallistic, which means no mourinho, who im sure would have his pick of any job in the world so why come here

I highly doubt anything will be said about Redknapp until after mackems vs Portsmouth.

Redknapp has a good relationship with people at Portsmouth, and I'm sure he doesn't want to leave them in the lurch.

Houllier and Van Gaal are 2 mnagers who come to mind who are ambtiious aappointments and also not too out of our reach.

Will Ashley back them as much as Redknapp?  I don't think so.  It's easier to say no to an employee than to a mate who happens to be an employee.

Guest elbee909

I'd have Rijkaard if Barca are going to scrap him.  But this whole "who _would_ you want then?" question is as loaded as they come.  Mention someone decent and all you get is "but why would THEY want to come here?" and you're back where you started.

It just seems that everyone has an opinion and then someone else has a counter opinion.

Why dont we just let Mike Ashley and Chris Mort get on with their jobs and then back the new man whoever it may be

I'd have Rijkaard if Barca are going to scrap him.  But this whole "who _would_ you want then?" question is as loaded as they come.  Mention someone decent and all you get is "but why would THEY want to come here?" and you're back where you started.

I want Fabio Capello, with Klinnsman as his assistant.

Guest elbee909

It just seems that everyone has an opinion and then someone else has a counter opinion.

Why dont we just let Mike Ashley and Chris Mort get on with their jobs and then back the new man whoever it may be

Probably because we're all stupid NUFC-supporting cunts.