if it's not redknapp

madras

if it's not redknapp,mort and ashley have played a blinder with this.

not a word from them,no hints,no denials,nothing.

i like it.

I had a lovely vision as well that they had completely fucked over the press just to show how shite they are.

In my heart I dont think its the case but by god if it is I shall glow in the pleasure for a long long time

Guest nufcfan76

Bring in Special One!!!! If I could I'd create a poll- but due to this retarded 100 post thing, which I'm a couple away from - I can;t yet.

We should put it to the board and then Supertoon should you email that! Hah! O0

strange how quiet pompey are being about it aswell....mort and ashley have them on board to piss off the press..hurrah!

the backlash against shit journalism is on. hurrah!

first football hacks then the rest. hurrah!

Bring in Special One!!!! If I could I'd create a poll- but due to this retarded 100 post thing, which I'm a couple away from - I can;t yet.

as I keep saying, all I ask is that we at least approach him.

Getting knocked back is nothing, Christ I get knocked back by lasses on the town all the time!

Getting knocked back is nothing, Christ I get knocked back by lasses on the town all the time!

we may have tried him??

I'd like to think so

we may have tried him??

I would like to update the list of my managerial candidates

Excellent Candidates

Ottmar Hitzfeld - Might leave Bayern Munchen after this season.. Swiss Super league, Bundesliga, Champions League winner.

Marcello Lippi - Free agent; Serie A, European Cup, World Cup winner,

Arrigo Sacchi - Free agent; Serie A, European Cup winner.

Roy Keane - Mackem Manc. To wind up and offend the whole Geordie nation (and Mr Shearer) he might seriously consider taking the job here if Shepherd approaches him.

Juande Ramos - Current Sevilla manager. Won UEFA cup with overwhelming convincing and attacking football.

Decent Candidates

Aidy Boothroyd - Massively overachieving with Watford. Tactically astute. Very ambitious. Very intelligent. Very passionate. Very young (35). Delima's favourite. Might prefer a bigger club than Watford. But can't imagine him working with Shepherd.

Quique Sánchez Flores - Good record with Valencia. Might be sacked by Valencia anytime. But could take some time to adapt to EPL.

Tony Mowbray - Decent track record with beautiful Arsenal style football. Might fancy a significantly bigger budget so that next time he won't miss out on players like Rowan Vine, Alan Barnett, Scott Brown and Kevin Thompson.

Keith Amstrong - Finnsh league winner Big Grin Boyhood Newcastle supporter.

Paul Jewell - Good record with Wigan, despite failing to attract players he trully wanted. Turn Heskey from donkey to horse. Young bright manager. Can't imagine him preferring Shepherd over Whelan.

Chris Coleman - Establish Fulham as Premiership regular with tight budget. Very young (36). Might fancy a bigger transfer budget. Oh he has been sacked.

Slaven Bilić - Wikipedia profile

Rubbish Candidates

Graeme Souness

Bryan Robson

Glenn Hoddle

David O'leary

Alan Shearer

Gary Speed

Lee Clark

Out - Paul Simpson - I was very dissapointed when he blamed the players for his sacking. He is a manager and he needs to manage people. I probably will get sticks for my comments on Keane.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Well according to SSN ... Shearer says he would accept the job if he was approached. Maybe..Maybe ??

It said "sources close to Shearer" - whatever that means.

Why dont we just give the nation what they expect,a Fans Consortium picking the team every week.

Everyone thinks that all the decisions made at the club are down to us so we might as will pick the starting 11 as well.

I for one would much rather have Shearer than someone like Redknapp or Jol or Moyes. It's not that I think he'll be a better manager than the more experienced counterparts--it's just that if we struggle for any stretch of time, the media will be calling for the head of the manager and be speculating when Big Al is going to take the hot seat. So we might as well get it over with--anoint him manager now and see if he can pull a Keegan. If he turns out to be completely rubbish manager, at least we're in a position this year where we're not going to go down. This is assuming the reports are true, that Shearer's willing to take the job now, of course.

The only ones immune to the "Shearer Effect" are King Kev, Mourinho, Hitzfield, a couple of other Hitzfield-level managers, and well--Shearer himself.

I for one would much rather have Shearer than someone like Redknapp or Jol or Moyes. It's not that I think he'll be a better manager than the more experienced counterparts--it's just that if we struggle for any stretch of time, the media will be calling for the head of the manager and be speculating when Big Al is going to take the hot seat. So we might as well get it over with--anoint him manager now and see if he can pull a Keegan. If he turns out to be completely rubbish manager, at least we're in a position this year where we're not going to go down. This is assuming the reports are true, that Shearer's willing to take the job now, of course.

The only ones immune to the "Shearer Effect" are King Kev, Mourinho, Hitzfield, a couple of other Hitzfield-level managers, and well--Shearer himself.

Kind of a double edged sword really.

I agree entirely with the notion that Shearer needs to take the hot seat or else his shadow is forever going to hang over the club and any manager currently in charge.

I just fear the headlines if it doesnt work out for him "Fans' choice fails again - when will the Newcastle fans learn"... it will all be our fault again.

Guess we just have to be prepared to take it on the chin and ignore it as best we can.

Of course though, he might just pull a "Keegan". Crystal ball anyone ?