Will our new manager be Harry Redknapp?

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I realise I've been flogging the old polls a bit recently, but this one is simply to see what stage people are at now. I probably accepted that it was going to be Redkapp on Wednesday night, due to his odds and the stories that were starting to creep up everywhere (especially those written by fairly reliable/reputable journalists/rags for Thursday copy).

I'm seeing the hopeful stories of smokescreens, but the real deal seems to be that either Redknapp has already said "yes" and all of this is just a charade to finish on good terms at Pompey or that he's genuinely going to make his final decision tomorrow, with a potential deal being made official before Stoke visit St. James'.

So howay then, no funny business, no fucking "do you want him or not?" just a simple question: Will Harry Redknapp be the new manager of Newcastle United?

I'm voting yes, and would have been the same since the early hours of Thursday morning. (Since I've had this gorgeous avatar, basically.)

The major worry for me if I'm right is this: out of 1,086 votes on the mainpage here, only 48 people have picked him as their first choice out of the initial list of favourites (4.4%). I understand that this site doesn't represent the majority absolutely perfectly, and that the current votes is only around 2% of the Toon support at any given home league game, but what you can deduce from it is that if he doesn't get instant cash and some instant results, there may be trouble ahead and the season ticket renewals could be embarrassing. Which is why I'm still confident there are some big things to happen once the deal is done.

Unlike the other names mentioned as favourites, he simply will not be given much time to make an impact.

No, I actually dont think it will be him.

I dont think Mike Ashley is in Hong Kong either.....................probably more likely in some villa or expensive hotel on the Algarve or Liosbon, negotiating personally with Mourinho whilst Mort is looking for legal loopholes in Jose's retrenchment package from Chelsea.

W

I dont think Mike Ashley is in Hong Kong either.....................probably more likely in some villa or expensive hotel on the Algarve or Liosbon, negotiating personally with Mourinho whilst Mort is looking for legal loopholes in Jose's retrenchment package from Chelsea.

W

God i want to believe you.

W

I only wish this is true.

Guest criminalz

Guess it looks like going to be harry. 5mths later, we will be just 1 place above the relegation zone and ashley will be thinking "What have i done?"

No. I believe the reason why all the rumours say the same is that the journalists don't have any information at all, so they're just copying each other's stuff. Sheep. It seems to be based on Ashley dining with Kelmsley in Hong-Kong. They don't know anything more. All direct quotes from anyone has been that there has been no approach: "But we have had no approaches whatsoever, and I'm not so sure we ever will" (Storrie) then turns into the headline "Pompey set to let Harry go".

I think we'll be pleasantly surprised.