the french and their langauge

Guest optimistic nit

Guest optimistic nit

isn't it just the most dull and irritiating langauge out there. german has a bit of a punch too it. its got a bit of charisma, english is the best langauge out there and spanish is the sexiest and i love the way it just rolls of your tongue, but french? in some way i would say that the langauge reflects the culture which speaks it.

Guest optimistic nit

me llamo or jm'apelle?

i know which one sounds better.

for me french is a wet kiss from your aunty, spanish is an 18 year old dancer and german is a punch in the face.

• 1 year later...

Surely Dutch is the worst of the European languages but oriental people speaking their natives tongues usually gives the old ears a bit of a battering.

A family were behind me speaking Chinese all the way around Iceland once and I swear until I got to the till and looked behind me I thought they were charvas.

Needs must.

There's a theory about why popular music sung in English is so popular. Romantic languages are vowel based, Germanic languages are consonant based (or emphasise the consonant more) and English is a mix of the two, thereby creating a natural musicality.

Prefer the romantic languages personally but am probably more Germanic (or Anglo-saxon) in my character.

French isn't so bad. Hasn't got anything on Portuguese, though.

Wouldn't mind learning Russian. Couple of Russian gas stations around here and everytime I go in there, they switch from English to Russian.

Does anyone know how to say the words "Black" and the equivalent of "cheap asshole"? It would probably help me out.

Guest lankybellwipe

C'est merde! Les belles de France sont tres chaude lorsque elles parlent, mais je ne comprendre pas parce que je suis sourd.

Yes. YES JAMES - quite!

O0

French sounds as if it is being regurgitated into the back of their throats.  Horrid insular language.  No wonder they need an "Academie" for the preservation of pure French for no one except their vassal states wants anything to do with it.

Whilst they sit there insisting it is the language of civilisation they are being completely discounted and ignored by the civilised world that had the sense to adopt English as the language of the internet.

German however.  Now there's a language that begs attention.

Guest float one in

I like the language, especially with the strong southern accents - Marseille must be the equivalent in French to Geordie in English! German's alreet, Portuguese is a nice language to listen to, especially the Brazilian version, once you get over the initial weirdness of the aow and oish sounds!

Spanish and Italian are probably alright as languages in themselves but the problem is that Spaniards and Italians speak too loud and too much!