Thank you Mr Ashley and Mr Mort

Guest Knightrider

The duo now know how big the job is and how much of a cow pat they have made by getting rid of BSA without a replacement lined up.

Guest Knightrider

The duo now know how big the job is and how much of a cow pat they have made by getting rid of BSA without a replacement lined up.

And hopefully that will serve them and us in good stead.

Guest Knightrider

Allardyce is lucky as f*ck really. He's managed to retain some respect from his sh*tness here, if we'd held on another week it would have been him on the end of that result and everyone would have been hounding him out anyway.

And had we done an Arsenal on them?

Allardyce is lucky as f*ck really. He's managed to retain some respect from his sh*tness here, if we'd held on another week it would have been him on the end of that result and everyone would have been hounding him out anyway.

Lost here...

Big article with direct quotes from Ashley in tommorows NOTW .. ill do it my way etc ... Only going to sit with the fans once in a while going forward ... wants to see the day that we are battering the likes of Chelsea and Man U .. Also said he had now paid 100M of debt off. .. And it was Mort who told him that it was time for a change with BSA ..

Like him or not, BSA had many admirers and friends in the world of football. Who honetsly would touch this joke of a football club after treating him in such a disrespectful manner.

See also. Daglish and Robson.

Chairmen can change, but the song remains the same.

:thdn:

taking all our performances this season into consideration was an"arsenal" performance or a "liverpool" performance more likely ?

Guest Knightrider

Talking of Ashley, he's come out and said that he's now gonna get his suit on and get in the board room. Good news if it's true.

Is this him saying "I mean business now"

??

My problem with the two of them is that neither has any real clue about football.  Who is advising them as to who to go for?  Is it this Kemsley bloke, are there others? Starting to think we could do with a Director of Football in there to help with exactly this sort of situation

Talking of Ashley, he's come out and said that he's now gonna get his suit on and get in the board room. Good news if it's true.

??

It's a sign that maybe it's less of a hobby to him and more of a business (yes, I know invested £250m is an expensive hobby).

I had no real problem with him wearing the shirt and sitting with the fans, but I'd rather hear that he's in the board room actually attempting to run his business.

Fantastic that he's going to go back to the boardroom. It shows he's serious about the club now and ready to make a real go of it. Hopefully this is where things start to turn, starting with a new manager.

Pain before pleasure. Sam had to go; today was just an exageration of the mess he's got us in. Consider the rubbish tactics & performances, the undeserved points against Wigan, Fulham, Brum, Derby & be thankful he left us above the drop zone.

Mr Ashley, Mr Mort you have a huge responsibility in picking the new man, Redknapp wasn't right, nor Hughes (we shouldn't have lost there & Coventry stuck 4 passed them) & nor is Shearer.

Hiddink, Van Gaal or Houllier for me; Mourinho I can live without.

I dare say every one of that lot can live without us tbh.

??

It's a sign that maybe it's less of a hobby to him and more of a business (yes, I know invested £250m is an expensive hobby).

I had no real problem with him wearing the shirt and sitting with the fans, but I'd rather hear that he's in the board room actually attempting to run his business.

I completely agree.

I think seeing him sitting in the stands wearing a Newcastle shirt has been embarrassing as f**k. And no, I'm not taking the piss

Guest Bubbles

"stable club ".....you reckon ?...........that result has been coming for weeks. the performances had been in place for months.

C\S

??

I completely agree.

I think seeing him sitting in the stands wearing a Newcastle shirt has been embarrassing as f**k. And no, I'm not taking the piss

why?

I was waiting to see what happened about Redknapp before making any comments about the new regime.

Now that it appears that Redknapp WAS the preferred candidate, I have to say that I am very disappointed in the way this situation has been handled - and VERY concerned about the Club's future.

I was almost certain that people who appear to be successful in business and the Professions(Ashley and Mort) with a wide experience of life in general would have had more common sense than to fire Allardyce without having a definite replacement lined up.

Its a different matter if you act in the way they have at the end of a season, as you have time to sort out choices from a wider range, but to do so  at this stage of the season is very serious because our choices are limited - you are not allowed to approach another club for their manager without their permission, and there are very few clubs who will grant that permission now..

Also, the refusal by Redknapp, whilst understandable bearing in mind his age and comfortable life-style, bodes very ill for the likelihood of the club being able to attract a top name..

This is why I would have gone for Mowbray - a young, up and coming manager with a good track record at both his clubs so far, who favours attacking football - the top names are just NOT going to take the job.

However, I had doubts as to whether Mowbray would take the job if offered, because he has only been with WBA since Oct 2006 and they are going for promotion this season ; he will probably wish to achieve at least that before moving again.

Even if he HAD taken the job(and this applies to ANY candidate now), he would have needed at least 2 years to get this lot sorted out - I actually thought the team played decent football against Man U for the first half, and 2 stupid and avoidable goals let the roof fall in , but there ARE some signs of hope in the gloom as far as players go - yes, we need at least 3 in different positions, but there are some talented players at the club ; unfortunately, the ones we need will be hard to get, so it will take time.

Where we go from here is hard to visualize - if pushed, I would guess that we will end up with Shearer and either KD or KK as advisor(which may not be a bad shout in the end)and Rob Lee as a coach/asst mger.

The names mentioned are probably the best we can do now.

If these guys say no ... well, they might as well start planning to build flats on SJP. They couldn't even get that right - the Housing Market is descending into a recession....!!!

As someone said on another thread - 'Now we'll see what Ashley and Mort are made of!'........