FFF president 'reassured' Houllier not moving to Tyneside

NSG

My preferred order, based on their style of play and how likely they would be to be successful in the PL:

1. Mourinho

2. Hiddink

3. Van Gaal

4. Hitzfeld

5. Lippi

6. Houllier

7. Scolari

8. Keegan/Shearer

Anything else, forget it. If we go for Hughes/Jol etc. we will fail again, for sure. We need someone special, with experience of winning things in different countries, and who will play an attacking style of play.

My preferred order, based on their style of play and how likely they would be to be successful in the PL:

1. Mourinho

2. Hiddink

3. Van Gaal

4. Hitzfeld

5. Lippi

6. Houllier

7. Scolari

8. Keegan/Shearer

Anything else, forget it. If we go for Hughes/Jol etc. we will fail again, for sure. We need someone special, with experience of winning things in different countries, and who will play an attacking style of play.

Good order, send it to Ashley.

1. Mourinho

2. Hiddink

3. Van Gaal

4. Hitzfeld

5. Lippi

6. Houllier

7. Scolari

8. Keegan/Shearer

Nail on heed.

I doubt Hughes will come here, Man U will be his next job after Blackburn, nothing is certain but it looks likely.

A few years ago everyone was saying the same about MON.  Do you honestly think the Glazers will employ him rather than a proven top class winner.

Just out of interest, mort has said that they have identified an spoken to other candidates about the position. Now if this is the case and is to be taken literally, then doesnt mean that that would be an official apporoach if he was in club management. Surely some club mole or source would of given the media a clue if there manager had been approached.

Could that possbily mean that we are talking to candidates who arent in employement or arent with a club, maybe a coutry?

Just out of interest, mort has said that they have identified an spoken to other candidates about the position. Now if this is the case and is to be taken literally, then doesnt mean that that would be an official apporoach if he was in club management. Surely some club mole or source would of given the media a clue if there manager had been approached.

Could that possbily mean that we are talking to candidates who arent in employement or arent with a club, maybe a coutry?

Possibly, though i have the feeling he made that up to make the Redknapp denial look like he wasn't the only manager we were looking at.

A few years ago everyone was saying the same about MON.  Do you honestly think the Glazers will employ him rather than a proven top class winner.

I've no idea what the Glazers will do, they might ask Sir Alex for his opinion.

Tbh, the worrying thing is that we even considered Redknapp. Show's what they're really thinking that he was even on the list. Really hope we don't start hearing about the likes of Steve fucking Coppell. Would be an absolute disaster.

This club makes good managers look absolutely shite. We need something special even to have a chance. How they thought Harry was that man (and I do reckon he's a good manager, just not in the league we need) is beyond me.

Should have got Juande Ramos before Spurs to be fair. They sacked Martin Jol and replaced him with a two-time UEFA winning cup manager. So what do we go and do? Go sniffing after the manager they got shot off. Pathetic if it's true.

Mr Slugworth's list reordered by me

1. Van Gaal - I want attacking football, I want proven record, I want entertainment

2. Hiddink - I want attacking football, I want proven record,.

3. Lippi - I want proven record.

4. Hitzfeld - I want proven record,

5. Scolari - I want proven record, I want entertainment.

6. Mourinho- I want proven record, I want entertainment.

7. Keegan/Shearer - I want entertainment.

8. Houllier - I want boredom, hair pulling entertainment, I want proven record.

Guest elbee909

What worries me most about Shearer, I think, is that when he comes up against an ego as strong as his own, things take a turn for the worst.  And the best players tend towards having an ego as much as he does.  That's fine when the manager has a lot of experience of man-handling but when that isn't there yet - well, I just worry about Souness style meltdown.

Can anyone think of a reason why he might not want a big manager?

I mean it's pretty scary to offer £5m or whatever for someone like Nappy?

Nappy looks to have been the first choice.

My theory is that the big managers out there are foreign and therefore have long names which are hard to spell, therefore making the plaque on the managers office door more expensive as there are more letters to pay for.  :thup:

Should have got Juande Ramos before Spurs to be fair. They sacked Martin Jol and replaced him with a two-time UEFA winning cup manager. So what do we go and do? Go sniffing after the manager they got shot off. Pathetic if it's true.

Spurs tried to get Redknapp before they settled on Ramos and he turned them down as well.  Also Ramos has proven f*** all in the Premiership so far so why so many people obsess over him I'll never understand.  People were saying the same thing about Jol a couple of years ago "We should have gotten Jol before Spurs", now most wouldn't want him near out side.. some people really need to learn to stop being swept away by hype.

My theory is that the big managers out there are foreign and therefore have long names which are hard to spell, therefore making the plaque on the managers office door more expensive as there are more letters to pay for.  :thup:

Oh well if that's the case I'm resigned to Jol   :coolsmiley:

Guest elbee909

Balsam Smallardyce it is then :thup:

“I love Newcastle,” Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager, has said. “I love that raw passion. I remember being there once and hearing newspaper vendors shouting, ‘Sensation! Andy Cole toe injury!’ Most people use the word ‘sensation’ for ‘[John] Major resigns’ or ‘Aids spreading over country’. It’s unbelievable.”

:lol:

“I love Newcastle,” Sir Alex Ferguson, the Manchester United manager, has said. “I love that raw passion. I remember being there once and hearing newspaper vendors shouting, ‘Sensation! Andy Cole toe injury!’ Most people use the word ‘sensation’ for ‘[John] Major resigns’ or ‘Aids spreading over country’. It’s unbelievable.”

:lol:

Easy to say when you've won all those fucking trophies. :hmm:

(I laughed too btw)