Newcastle V Stoke - Pre Match Thread (Keegan Homecoming)

Jamie

Harper

Carr Taylor Cacapa Edgar

Lualua Rozenhal Emre Duff

Carroll Owen

Drop Enrique? I thought he did alright in the main yesterday, all things considered.

Harper

Carr Taylor Cacapa Edgar

Carroll Owen

Drop Enrique? I thought he did alright in the main yesterday, all things considered.

Dropped N'Zogbia, too.

Guest rebel_yell12

Would love to see LuaLua get another run out, as he looked promising.  And God knows, Newcastle needs the help in the midfield.  Bringing them up from within is infinitely cheaper than buying them too.  And a helluva lot more fun, seeing a local youth academy lad do well.  Andy Carroll could be a great partner upfront for a more experienced striker like Owen.  He may be enough younger, with younger legs, to really give the defence problems.  And of course, good to give the lads their first run out in a Cup match v. a Championship side -- see how they do without throwing them against ManU or Arsenal or the like first thing.

Any reason so many are dropping Given?  He was the highest rated player from the match yesterday (as sad as that may be).  Resting him might not be a bad idea though, and I'm fairly confident in Harper.

With LuaLua and N'Zogbia on the wings, Newcastle might even manage to push forward and create something for the strikers.  And maybe the linesman won't make another bad offside decision. 

Would love to see 2-0 to the Toon, with Owen and Carroll scoring.  Please don't crush my little hopes...it's all I have left.  The big hopes died sometime in the last two weeks.  I need what I've left.

Harper

Carr Taylor Cacapa Edgar

Carroll Owen

Dropped N'Zogbia, too.

No point in putting a team out to win (all out win with Arsenal away around the corner) i'd rather getting a few fringes out to play, Duff & Owen need games, i think Enrique can miss this one and save himself for Bolton.

Given

Carr  Taylor  Cacapa  Enrique

Lua-Lua  Butt  N'Zogbia  Duff

Owen  Viduka

Guest toonlass

Harper

Carr              Taylor              Cacapa              Enrique

Milner              Emre               Zoggy                 Duff   

Viduka          Owen

Subs

Forster

Rozenhal

Carroll

Lua-Lua

Edgar

3-1 to us, 28, 500 attendance

Can see a really low attendance (by Newcastles standards) of around 20,000

I agree, unless Mort starts handing out more tickets for nowt to the kids. Stoke have shit on their own payday by not agreeing to lower the price. Mugs.

Given

Carr    Taylor  Edgar  Enrique

Rozehnal  Emre

LuaLua      Duff      N'Zogbia

Owen

I thought the 4-2-3-1 looked quite good at times on Saturday, but it relies heavily on having two ball-playing central midfielders. Milner has been awful of late whilst Kazenga looked quite comfortable in possession during his cameo last week, so i'd give him another run out against the Championship defence. Edgar in would be the only other change, Caçapa has really struggled against physical strikers and Stoke have two of them in Sidibe and Fuller.

Given

Carr    Taylor  Edgar   Enrique

Rozehnal  Emre

LuaLua       Duff       N'Zogbia

Owen

I thought the 4-2-3-1 looked quite good at times on Saturday, but it relies heavily on having two ball-playing central midfielders. Milner has been awful of late whilst Kazenga looked quite comfortable in possession during his cameo last week, so i'd give him another run out against the Championship defence. Edgar in would be the only other change, Caçapa has really struggled against physical strikers and Stoke have two of them in Sidibe and Fuller.

Sidibe is at the african nations cup, potters will play Cresswell up front with Fuller.

Lets hope we don't get trounced 5-1 like we did against Birmingham last year.

Smith and Butt are suspended.

Barton, Martins, Geremi, Beye, Faye all unavailable.

Teams, tactics and all general match talk in here.

No.

Lets hope we don't get trounced 5-1 like we did against Birmingham last year.

Smith and Butt are suspended.

Barton, Martins, Geremi, Beye, Faye all unavailable.

Teams, tactics and all general match talk in here.

No.

Hahaha... sorry.

I completely missed the other thread.