Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Pav is absolutely killing us right now with his interviews. Saying the same many of us on here have for quite some time and most importantly, last week or so. Had we held off Man Utd and won the title, KK would have never walked and the landscape of our club could have very well been completely different. I hate what-if discussions like this when it involves something as coveted like a PL trophy, but my goodness Pav - way to kick us while we are down!

3 games that stand out for me that season, for all the wrong reasons:

0-1 Manure - Schmeichel stopped everything that came his way, he was unbeatable. If we had scored in that first half...

1-2 Blakburn - Flowers was fucking awesome then Geordie boy Fenton came on...

3-4 Liverpool - Should never have lost this

3 games that stand out for me that season, for all the wrong reasons:

0-1 Manure - Schmeichel stopped everything that came his way, he was unbeatable. If we had scored in that first half...

1-2 Blakburn - Flowers was f***ing awesome then Geordie boy Fenton came on...

3-4 Liverpool - Should never have lost this

They're the obvious ones, but they were all tough fixtures, fixtures that could go either way. It was the winnable games we didn't win in the run-up to the Man United home game that lost us the title.

The signs were there at Middlesbrough when we got a fortunate win after Tino came off the bench and created a goal with a piece of absolute magic, then we lost away at West Ham and drew at Man City.

They were the key matches. After the Man United home game we absolutely annihilated West Ham at home, it was 3-0 but it really could've been double figures, it was the most one-sided match I have ever seen! We should’ve easily beaten them at their place less than a month earlier, and Man City who were a relegation team. It was that blip that really lost us the league.

He elbowed him, spat on him...didn't he punch him as well? :lol:

All seen on camera and highlighted on MOTD as well...think he only got a 2-3 game ban. Mental.

I was at that match... Would normally being with our lot but due a bizarre situation with my brother's then girlfriend (Man City fan) I ended up watching it in amongst the City fans along with my Dad and brother... Great game with "Kinki" in superb form that day for them and Tino & Albert having great games for us... He never spat on Curle.... Just an elbow and head butt... :lol: 

As for footage I'm pretty sure its on that seasons review VHS... or you can find it on YT of an Asprilla compilation (The one with the Chemical Brothers "Setting Sun" track...)

All seen on camera and highlighted on MOTD as well...think he only got a 2-3 game ban. Mental.

I was at that match... Would normally being with our lot but due a bizarre situation with my brother's then girlfriend (Man City fan) I ended up watching it in amongst the City fans along with my Dad and brother... Great game with "Kinki" in superb form that day for them and Tino & Albert having great games for us... He never spat on Curle.... Just an elbow and head butt... :lol: 

As for footage I'm pretty sure its on that seasons review VHS... or you can find it on YT of an Asprilla compilation (The one with the Chemical Brothers "Setting Sun" track...)

I made that. ;)

I made that. ;)

You made all of them.

Guest Howaythetoon

Been reading one of of my KK books last night and when he first joined as manager until the end of that season, he paid Terry Mac's wages from his own pocket and never asked the club for it back and didn't get it back. The club told him they couldn't afford Terry Mac, but KK thought he could make a huge difference so brought him in and paid him from his own money.

KK also promised the club that if they went down he would reimburse them their money and although this is only a rumour, he apparently old Sir John Hall he would personally buy his shares off him if the club went down.

As for SJH not taking a risk, I didn't know about this but he personally had to write a cheque for over 650K to pay an installment off of the debt called in by one of the banks. He wasn't going to because he only owned 40% at the time but DH persuaded him to saying they were already in it for 4m at that point, they cannot walk away now etc. SJH never asked for it back nor was he repaid it back in those terms. Obviously he earned a few million from the club so did get it back in a way but that original 650 + k cheque was an act of goodwill.

SJH was also ready to walk away from the club and write off the 4m plus he had put in at that point but DH, FS and Fletcher persuaded him otherwise.

He originally wanted to turn the club over to the fans. He was actually quite naive about things and reading between the lines it seems the likes of FS, DH and Fletcher were the ones who saw the vast fortunes to be made on the horizon and not SJH.

Given how little DH and FS actually put into the club, they made the most.

Back to KK...the club consumed him, everything about him. By the time he left I believe he was a spent man emotionally, mentally, physically, the lot. He gave his everything to turn NUFC into a version of himself, successful and full of charm, flair and emotion. He didn't win anything but he succeeded as far as I'm concerned. We were fucking great under him.