Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Just reading the "on this day" section on NUFC.com and 22 years ago today he picked a starting team with a forward line of Shearer, Ferdinand, Beardsley, Asprilla and Ginola! Dropped Robbie Elliott for Tino  :lol:

The United boss commented afterwards:

"We had three, and sometimes two at the back and five up front. The only thing that was missing was a goalkeeper with a woolly jersey and a flat cap!"

Football was great back then.

Just reading the "on this day" section on NUFC.com and 22 years ago today he picked a starting team with a forward line of Shearer, Ferdinand, Beardsley, Asprilla and Ginola! Dropped Robbie Elliott for Tino  :lol:

"We had three, and sometimes two at the back and five up front. The only thing that was missing was a goalkeeper with a woolly jersey and a flat cap!"

Also beating Chelsea 4-2 in 1994. Just watching the YouTube highlights that are linked, Jesus, no way we'll ever get a pen that soft ever again. :lol:

Also beating Chelsea 4-2 in 1994. Just watching the YouTube highlights that are linked, Jesus, no way we'll ever get a pen that soft ever again. :lol:

I was at that game.  That little weasel Dennis Wise was having words with Rob Lee(?) as he was about to take that penalty.  I’m not sure if that’s when we started hating Wise but i remember he got loads of abuse for the rest of the game and every match after that.

I was at that game.  That little weasel Dennis Wise was having words with Rob Lee(?) as he was about to take that penalty.  I’m not sure if that’s when we started hating Wise but i remember he got loads of abuse for the rest of the game and every match after that.

Wise got sent off in that match IIRC.

He should have said all of this ten years ago as good as it is to hear it now.  My memory may be failing with age I remember KK staying oddly quiet at the time.  Which helped when he got compensation

My memory could be wrong thoygh

he was taking them to court - he couldnt say much.

the findings of the judge said more itself than KK could ever have said - just that the southern media chose to ignore it and continue to do so.

The stadium always looked so elegant under lights and, gazing down from one of the corporate suites, I found myself lost in my own thoughts until another of the guests wandered over. For a few seconds he stood beside me and looked out on the same scene. 'You built this place, you know,' he said quietly. 'None of this would have been possible without you.'

:'(

Just read first chapter of his book (about Newcastle and Ashley) great read already

“I don’t want to share my oxygen with these people, trust me” - Kevin Keegan

Where have you read this?

1st 2 chapters are available as a free sample on iTunes