Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

12 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

The very fact he played for Scunthorpe, and happened to be at Newcastle by the time I started watching football is that horrible bit of fate which caused me to be a Newcastle fan, suffering for years. 

Actually, my dad's more to blame. "See that lad there, he used to play for Scunthorpe". 

My dad's told me stories of how the players used to play matches in the carpark as they didn't have any training facilities. Ashley would be proud.

Guest HTT II
25 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

Level headed, handsome, charming, but ambitious and that famous KK sparkle in his eye and that smile… :love::smitten:

Could (and have) listen to him talk for hours. The bloke is at the apex of football for me, and I say that as someone who wasn't really aware of the Entertainer years. 

4 hours ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

He was God-like during the mid 90's. SBR was up there, but Keegan had something extra for me.

No disrespect to SBR, but the Keegan years were ten times greater than those under him. The first thing that should happen if the takeover happens is that KK should be made an ambassador for the club. He will elevate the club's stature to what it was 25 years ago within months, and be able to persuade any player on the planet to come here if he's part of the negotiations.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 hours ago, LRD said:

Him and his Entertainers were what drew me to supporting NUFC. Hope he gets his long-due recognition in either a statue in the grounds or stand named after him. 

I got Invited up to Newcastle for new year 1996 Staying with a lad called Keiren (lost touch with him years ago)  He had tickets for the New Year’s Day match. Newcastle v Leeds I walked into the ground, we won 3-0, went out on the town. My rollercoaster love affair with NUFC started there. Rafa gave us hope and belief. The clubs back and we can dare to dream again. Awake the Kraken :smitten:

He looks old, but kind of well, and what a beautiful head of hair and I’ve started taking CBD capsules for anxiety and they work a treat. A man after my own heart, again and again… :smitten:

They should have him in charge of getting signings done. Just get him in to talk to the new manager, players, their agents etc. Make any prospective new arrival sit in a room with King Kev for a couple of hours, and he'll walk out with a signed contract from them.

Edited by Chris_R