Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Just read first chapter of his book (about Newcastle and Ashley) great read already

“I don’t want to share my oxygen with these people, trust me” - Kevin Keegan

Where have you read this?

1st 2 chapters are available as a free sample on iTunes

Cheers. £12 on Amazon btw

Just reading the "on this day" section on NUFC.com and 22 years ago today he picked a starting team with a forward line of Shearer, Ferdinand, Beardsley, Asprilla and Ginola! Dropped Robbie Elliott for Tino  :lol:

The United boss commented afterwards:

"We had three, and sometimes two at the back and five up front. The only thing that was missing was a goalkeeper with a woolly jersey and a flat cap!"

Football was great back then.

Also beating Chelsea 4-2 in 1994. Just watching the YouTube highlights that are linked, Jesus, no way we'll ever get a pen that soft ever again. :lol:

I was at that game.  That little weasel Dennis Wise was having words with Rob Lee(?) as he was about to take that penalty.  I’m not sure if that’s when we started hating Wise but i remember he got loads of abuse for the rest of the game and every match after that.

Wise got sent off in that match IIRC.

He did indeed, by Peter Jones, whose daughter I went to school with. He refereed our school cup final in the summer of 1994 and he was a right mardy git. Glad to see he took no shit from Wise though.

Just reading the "on this day" section on NUFC.com and 22 years ago today he picked a starting team with a forward line of Shearer, Ferdinand, Beardsley, Asprilla and Ginola! Dropped Robbie Elliott for Tino  :lol:

"We had three, and sometimes two at the back and five up front. The only thing that was missing was a goalkeeper with a woolly jersey and a flat cap!"

Also beating Chelsea 4-2 in 1994. Just watching the YouTube highlights that are linked, Jesus, no way we'll ever get a pen that soft ever again. :lol:

I was at that game.  That little weasel Dennis Wise was having words with Rob Lee(?) as he was about to take that penalty.  I’m not sure if that’s when we started hating Wise but i remember he got loads of abuse for the rest of the game and every match after that.

Hate for Wise goes back further than that. The little scrote chased Mirandinha at the final whistle after a Wimbledon cup (?) game. Thought better of it after a crowd surge in the Stawberry corner and a certain young (now very, very...ahem...sensible and not so young) fan jumping the fence with every intention of chinning him.

Hate for Wise goes back further than that. The little scrote chased Mirandinha at the final whistle after a Wimbledon cup (?) game. Thought better of it after a crowd surge in the Stawberry corner and a certain young (now very, very...ahem...sensible and not so young) fan jumping the fence with every intention of chinning him.

To be fair, Mirandinha did ask for it by booting Beasant up the arse when he wasn't looking after the final whistle. Funny as fuck watching him get chased by half a dozen Wimbledon players.

Would you seriously want KK back as manager? I'd love him here in some capacity under new owners but his management days are well gone.

Agreed. Would have him back in some sort of ambassadorial role but not in a football one. Doesn't mean I don't love the bloke, just think the ship sailed a while ago.

Wanted nothing to do with Ashely and his disgusting antics and version of NUFC, Keegan knows what the real Newcastle united is and he wouldn't accept Ashley's bollocks. That alone puts him ahead of every other manager we have had since Ashley came

Keegan's love for the club is unrivalled BUT don't think it's unusual or weird to want Rafa to remain as manager under new owners (if we are lucky enough to be rid of the scumbag)

Guest reefatoon

For me, Keegan is the best manager we have had in my time and will never be beaten. His first spell here was absolute magic and nobody will ever get close to how he had that team believing in themselves, playing and performing. Football at its absolute finest. We didn’t win anything, but the excitement, atmosphere and complete positivity around it all was something special to be around. Loved it and him.

For me, Keegan is the best manager we have had in my time and will never be beaten. His first spell here was absolute magic and nobody will ever get close to how he had that team believing in themselves, playing and performing. Football at its absolute finest. We didn’t win anything, but the excitement, atmosphere and complete positivity around it all was something special to be around. Loved it and him.

We won the First Division and the hearts and minds of a lot of football fans across the country/world. Mostly though, as you point out, it was just glorious.

As if I just seen a Facebook poll with 80% favouring Benitez over Keegan as manager if Ashley went

Send me the link and I'll add to it. Keegan is done as a manager. He shouldn't even be connected to the club in any way as he is too different from Rafa. Wouldn't want his football ideology to undermine Rafas work.