Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

• 2 months later...
31 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Said he won’t be taking a role at the club.

24 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Just said his time has passed.

As usual Kevin Keegan will do what's best for Newcastle United.

I just love the bloke, a Newcastle United legend.

Said he’s spoken to Howe who sought his advice on lots of things. Said he just kept saying “be honest with the fans and you’ll be ok”. Thinks he’s a top manager and will

become a club legend.

Is buzzing with the takeover. Will come back to watch some games next season.

Thinks modern football is shite apart from the odd game. Doesn’t like teams

keeping possession just for the sake of it.

Has spoken to the owners, including the big bods at PIF. They invited him to the first game back v Spurs but he said no as he didn’t want to be a distraction during a big game and a relegation fight.

Believes Ashworth is the best in the business.

Says he reckons we’ll win a trophy within three years. Thinks best bet would be Europa League or Conference League.

Edited by bowlingcrofty

7 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

Said he’s spoken to Howe who sought his advice on lots of things. Said he just kept saying “be honest with the fans and you’ll be ok”. Thinks he’s a top manager and will

become a club legend.

Has spoken to the owners, including the big bods at PIF. They invited him to the first game back v Spurs but he said no as he didn’t want to be a distraction during a big game and a relegation fight.

Says he reckons we’ll win a trophy within three years. Thinks best bet would be Europa League or Conference League.

Love the man

His opinion on tiki taka- style football is spot-on.  Boring as fuck.  Catenaccio reborn, except in the opposition’s half instead of your own 

30 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

become a club legend.

Never change Kev. Although by this stage he's not likely to. :lol:

I'm not surprised he didn't want to come to the Spurs match even though it would have been class to see him

He's a rare breed in football, incredibly unselfish and I find it staggering that there are knackers amongst our fanbase that even have a negative word to say about the man

I hope with safety confirmed that he'll be there at the match, think it's important for that to happen as a way for us to thank him for everything after it ended disgracefully 14 years ago

1 hour ago, bowlingcrofty said:

become a club legend.

Class that Howe sought his advice.

24 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I'm not surprised he didn't want to come to the Spurs match even though it would have been class to see him

He's a rare breed in football, incredibly unselfish and I find it staggering that there are knackers amongst our fanbase that even have a negative word to say about the man

I hope with safety confirmed that he'll be there at the match, think it's important for that to happen as a way for us to thank him for everything after it ended disgracefully 14 years ago

We need him back at St James at some stage, I'd have him flown in on a helicopter again if I could.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

We need him back at St James at some stage, I'd have him flown in on a helicopter again if I could.

I agree and I think Monday is the perfect opportunity, big celebration, won't distract from the seasons objectives as they have been met and it provides some sort of closure

He's such a humble bloke.

I don't think anything we fans could do to let him know what he meant to us would be enough.

Plastic shite clubs come and go, but it's thanks to this man that literally millions of people love our club to this day.

19 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

I agree and I think Monday is the perfect opportunity, big celebration, won't distract from the seasons objectives as they have been met and it provides some sort of closure

He's better than that. He  used to win games against Arsenal.