Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

30 minutes ago, jack j said:

Derek Wright coming out at half time today apparently

Thought KK could have came for that

Hope he sprints full belt onto the pitch one last time.

I can understand Keegan not wanting to get involved in an official capacity. He waxed lyrically about us, under Ashley, and got burnt. He's too astute to jump straight into that frying pan, again. 

The club should celebrate him. He's done his fair share and will always continue to speak positively about the club, you don't have to pay him. Name a stand after him at the very least.

On 07/08/2022 at 10:38, tgarve said:

Get him on the pitch before or at half time of the Man City game … perfect one as his former 2 clubs will bring the atmosphere to fever pitch 

I'd rather it was the Fulham game as that way he can still see us win! 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest HTT II
1 hour ago, Scoreboard82 said:

40years ago today that KK debut for NUFC v QPR according to nufc.com. What a day man. The stuff of dreams at the time. Couldn't believe this absolute superstar had signed for us, 2nd division, been shite for years Newcastle.

Auld cunt!

On 28/08/2022 at 17:47, Scoreboard82 said:

40years ago today that KK debut for NUFC v QPR according to nufc.com. What a day man. The stuff of dreams at the time. Couldn't believe this absolute superstar had signed for us, 2nd division, been shite for years Newcastle.

Simply epic day, turnstile gadgies made a fortune

Nothing groundbreaking was just a night of good stories. Things I picked up were that he doesn't want a statue because they should just be for local heroes but I think a lot would disagree with that regarding KK. Also he doesn't think he needs to be employed by the club to be a club ambassador because he's already a non official club ambassador anyway and has been for years

Has chatted with Howe and the owners a while ago. Told Howe that the only advice he has is to be honest with the fans. Thinks the next step will need to be to expand the ground (or build a new one). Hopes the club can target an FA or League Cup win in the next few years and he thought we played great football against Liverpool

Only sad thing I picked up was that he hasn't been to the ground for a game for quite a while and although the new owners have invited him he thinks it would distract from the current players and management so he's reluctant to go back right now but he'll definitely be back.

Some great stories about Tino, Ginola, Terry Mc etc and how vital it was when we moved the training ground to Durham in the 90s. Just a really great night and our previous owner was barely mentioned

47 minutes ago, Whitley mag said:

He needs to attend a game man, it wouldn’t be a distraction it would just get the place even more bouncing. Tip Wor Flags off which game it is for a tribute and it’ll be a day to go down in folklore.

Newcastle v Liverpool? :tobey:

37 minutes ago, huss9 said:

love the bloke, but he must be running out of stories to tell now.

Tbh no one is a better story teller than KK, you can’t help but be captivated when he speaks, even if you’ve heard the story ten times before 

On 03/09/2022 at 11:00, joeyt said:

Only sad thing I picked up was that he hasn't been to the ground for a game for quite a while and although the new owners have invited him he thinks it would distract from the current players and management so he's reluctant to go back right now but he'll definitely be back.

I think he's right though. His era changed the entire thinking of the club to this day, but it's in the past and we're now in a new era. As a club, in its wider sense, we're a little prone to nostalgia, and that can be a burden sometimes.

1 hour ago, Cronky said:

I think he's right though. His era changed the entire thinking of the club to this day, but it's in the past and we're now in a new era. As a club, in its wider sense, we're a little prone to nostalgia, and that can be a burden sometimes.

I think he's spot on. I also think he'd be a fool to jump on board like he has in the past. Think he'll just discreetly turn up for a game one day.

• 1 month later...