Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Think the commentator has got that wrong.

Howe has had at least one conversation with him. No idea if by phone or not but he’s not been back to the ground I don’t think.

And I don’t think Keegan has been in for a talk. Eddie gave the players a talk about the the Keegan years but Keegan wasn’t there. 

I know that he's said he isn't planning on being involved and won't be visiting SJP anytime soon but hopefully if we can remain on this positive course and the toxicity of Ashley's reign fades, he will be more interested in an appearance at least. I want him to feel the love of the fans and to look at football in a fonder light given he gave us Newcastle fans the best years of our lives supporting the club

To be honest, when I saw him at a talk-in he just seemed like he had completely fallen out of love with football. Forest at home was the next day and I didn’t even get the impression he would be following it- he mentioned his grandkids. Just something that happens to some people I suppose. He didn’t strike me as somebody at all interested at being involved in any sort of way again. Would also love him to just pop along to a game so we can love him properly one last time but it’s his choice ultimately. 

Edited by Hovagod

10 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

To be honest, when I saw him at a talk-in he just seemed like he had completely fallen out of love with football. Forest at home was the next day and I didn’t even get the impression he would be following it- he mentioned his grandkids. Just something that happens to some people I suppose. He didn’t strike me as somebody at all interested at being involved in any sort of way again. Would also love him to just pop along to a game so we can love him properly one last time but it’s his choice ultimately. 

Didn’t he basically say his book was his goodbye to football so not really surprising. Hopefully something changes his mind.

43 minutes ago, Hovagod said:

Yes and no. I spoke to him at one in London and he said he’d be happy to be involved but you could tell he didn’t want it to be wheeled out as an after dinner speaker. If he could be involved with something commercial? Something meaningful? Then yes he would. 

Met the man last night, at a charity doo at the Stadium of Shite.

Bought a signed shirt, and got a photo with him (with it).

Was a sports quiz type event for a kids charity. where he was asking the questions (not a talk-in) but he seemed on good form, but didn't really talk about Newcastle or anything in particular.

On 18/10/2022 at 17:21, tomlynnherrington said:

Did he not say his presence would be a distraction? 

He did, went to see him last Sunday at the playhouse. He was invited to the first game but didn’t want to take away from the occasion. He’s been invited back and would love to talk to the players about the city, the history etc  just seems if not when. 

Was on good form, he’s 72, he probably has fell out of love with the game a bit, you can’t blame him , it’s changed massively from his day. But he was bubbly, seemed to be enjoying life and was on good form. Probably had enough stories to do a 10 hour stint. 

5 minutes ago, Elliottman said:

He did, went to see him last Sunday at the playhouse. He was invited to the first game but didn’t want to take away from the occasion. He’s been invited back and would love to talk to the players about the city, the history etc  just seems if not when. 

The way Keegan talks about the club would inspire anyone. Especially what’s seems to be a great United group of players.

would love to be a fly on the wall for that 

Having him on the pitch, being serenaded by a full house with a stunning wor flags display in his honour would be the dream. We have to get a chance to show him what he means to us for one last time. Wouldn't take anything away from what Howe and the lads are doing. If anything it should encourage them to fight just that little bit harder 

Edited by pedro111

It is a little sad that for a man who seemed to revel in the kind of adulation we have/would give him (not in a bad way, and I was 7 when his first management stint ended so happy to be corrected), he seems very hesitant to have the slightest involvement now. I guess it's a case of once bitten twice shy and I can't blame him. 

6 hours ago, Elliottman said:

Was on good form, he’s 72, he probably has fell out of love with the game a bit, you can’t blame him , it’s changed massively from his day. But he was bubbly, seemed to be enjoying life and was on good form. Probably had enough stories to do a 10 hour stint. 

The distraction would decrease after his first visit.I’d give him the job of Global Ambassador.

13 hours ago, Heron said:

Sorry that post maybe seemed dismissive/rude. I was trying to be a bit vague but was half cut haha.

But aye, there will be a Keegan display at some stage and preferably when he is present.

omg!

he's gonna come, he's gonna come!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...