Mark Viduka

Baggio

Guest teepee

i've always been against him, but as it is now i'd take him.

that, and then he actually impressed me during the wc!

DISCLAIMER: Yes, I'm an Aussie

I can't believe there were people advocating Mido but don't want Big Dukes? This is a big target man with excellent technique, whose game is tailor made for a quick striker and scores some cracking goals himself...

I know the criticisms - he's fat, prone to laziness, doesn't score enough... Trust me, I've seen him turn in some shocking shifts for Australia. But I said when we were looking at Angel earlier in the summer that Viduka would be a better option, and I stick with it. He's not going to take us into the top four, but as a "panic buy" we could do far worse (as long as we're not paying more than 3m)

Aye, he's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Is what we need at the moment...someone capable of holding up the ball and fighting for titus's "sprayed" PASSES?

Bit of a step down from Klose though :roll:

Guest killers_perm

Most of my mates are Boro fans, but please don't hold that against me...

They reckon Viduka would have been absolute class for them if they had had a nippy forward to play off him - he holds the ball really well, is very good with both feet and is too intelligent for most of the smoggies to understand his game.

I reckon we would have a steel if we can get him in, he could easily provide the missing link between the midfield and our attack - he can play up front & then come deep and release the midfield runners & he will chip in with a few goals of his own too

Not suggesting that him & Beardsley are in the same league, but we need someone with that type of guile to unlock the defence & of course, we could always put him in front of the goal and cut down how much Shay has to cover  :cool:

No need to worry lads coz there is no way we would sell him.Mind with Nugent on his way i think Maccarone and Christie could be up for grabs so by all means take your pick.