Holidays

TRC

Faliraki was quality about 8 years ago, we went just before the boom and when the drinks were still dirt cheap. Supposed to have been a lot more built up since then so I imagine it is very good if not a bit pricey.

Guest lankybellwipe

Faliraki was quality about 8 years ago, we went just before the boom and when the drinks were still dirt cheap. Supposed to have been a lot more built up since then so I imagine it is very good if not a bit pricey.

I've been to Falkirk, fuckin dump

am planning on getting abroad for hols for the first time in 10years this year but being out the loop i didn't realise how bloody expensive it now was.

thought we'd get a decent all inc for us (2 adultsan 8yr old and 4yr old) for £2000 but no chance. school holiday time the flight siupp can be as much as £100 per seat.

(how come it costs more for fuel in the kids summer hols,lying fleecing pack of bastards)

• 1 month later...

Falaraki. (sp) booked within the next week.

Going over my 18th birthday. :celb:

Pulled out, can't afford it plus I'm 17 for most of the time we're there and if their arsey about letting under 18's in... Not gonna risk it.

Pulled out, can't afford it plus I'm 17 for most of the time we're there and if their arsey about letting under 18's in... Not gonna risk it.

do you mean the pubs'n'clubs ?

they aint arsey providing your buying.

do you mean the pubs'n'clubs ?

they aint arsey providing your buying.

Yeah, well can't be sure. Everything I earn from now on would go towards it, not worth the risk. At least now I can sort myself out with some driving lessons with the money.

A ferry and train combo should allow me to see....

Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Toulouse, Barcelona, Marseille, Milan, Bern, Zurich, Munich, Prague, Berlin, Hamburg, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo and Bergen.

Can't fucking wait!!!!

Inter-rail? Might be doing that myself in Sept. Thinking of doing Krakow working down towards Algarve.

Amsterdam, Brussels, Paris, Toulouse, Barcelona, Marseille, Milan, Bern, Zurich, Munich, Prague, Berlin, Hamburg, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo and Bergen.

Can't f****** wait!!!!

Inter-rail? Might be doing that myself in Sept. Thinking of doing Krakow working down towards Algarve.

yup.  £295 for a months unlimited travel if you're under 26.  Then just stopping in budget hostels.  (ones for like €20 a night).

We're getting the ferry to Amsterdam, then going anti-clockwise.  Places like Toulouse, Bern and Hamburg are just where we plan to change trains, but I've done a bit of research and Toulouse especially, seems like a nice place so might stop there.

Then hoping to get the ferry from Bergen back to North Shields.  It's not a final plan like.  No doubt I'll start a thread on it once I get back.  Going early June, should take about a month.

Can't f****** wait!!!!

yup.  £295 for a months unlimited travel if you're under 26.  Then just stopping in budget hostels.  (ones for like ?20 a night).

We're getting the ferry to Amsterdam, then going anti-clockwise.  Places like Toulouse, Bern and Hamburg are just where we plan to change trains, but I've done a bit of research and Toulouse especially, seems like a nice place so might stop there.

Then hoping to get the ferry from Bergen back to North Shields.  It's not a final plan like.  No doubt I'll start a thread on it once I get back.  Going early June, should take about a month.

Aye the month pass is what i think is what we were looking to do. Is good value but choosing where to go is the problem.

Can't f****** wait!!!!

yup.  £295 for a months unlimited travel if you're under 26.  Then just stopping in budget hostels.  (ones for like ?20 a night).

Aye the month pass is what i think is what we were looking to do. Is good value but choosing where to go is the problem.

yeah.  Our route means we're only going to be able to spend 2 nights tops in some places.  We're thinking of missing Norway out like, I've heard its something like £6 a pint.  As sad as it seems to, we've based our route on places with big/famous football teams  :lol:  Hoping to do a few stadium tours while I'm away (Stade de France, Nou Camp, San Siro, Allainz Arena at least!)

Most of my other mates are going back to Magaluf.  Fair enough I reckon, but I did that last year, and to be honest, I'd prefer to get about and see the world.

Can't f****** wait!!!!

yeah.  Our route means we're only going to be able to spend 2 nights tops in some places.  We're thinking of missing Norway out like, I've heard its something like £6 a pint.  As sad as it seems to, we've based our route on places with big/famous football teams  :lol:  Hoping to do a few stadium tours while I'm away (Stade de France, Nou Camp, San Siro, Allainz Arena at least!)

Most of my other mates are going back to Magaluf.  Fair enough I reckon, but I did that last year, and to be honest, I'd prefer to get about and see the world.

the usual tactic (and i'm one who planned to do it but didn't) is to go for night trains and sleep on the train,saves getting a room for the night.

As Madras says, getting night trains with sleeper compartments is the best idea. You play an extra supplement, even with the interrail ticket. Its usually between 5 and 10 euros, which is considerably cheaper than anywhere you will be staying!

If you're going to all the famous western cities in peak times, I really wouldn't expect your holiday to be anything other than very expensive. Great fun, but very expensive. Hostels (even the poor ones) will all be over €20 a night, on the night. In amsterdam it can get seriously steep and into the €50's.

Take a sleeping bag and sleep on beaches, it's amazing and costs nothing!

Also, it's a lot cheaper to:

Get a package holiday to your furthest destination away. (package holidays are cheaper than the flights themselves)

Spend a week chillaxing and pissing about

Organise your inter-rail ticket to start the day after the first weeks holiday ends

You then have 4 weeks to travel in a straight line back to amsterdam (for the ferry back to NCL), which means you wont have to double back on yourself at any point, or visit anywhere twice/you don't want to.

Hey presto! 5 weeks holidays!

hope you enjoy it mate, best time of my life :thup:

As Madras says, getting night trains with sleeper compartments is the best idea. You play an extra supplement, even with the interrail ticket. Its usually between 5 and 10 euros, which is considerably cheaper than anywhere you will be staying!

If you're going to all the famous western cities in peak times, I really wouldn't expect your holiday to be anything other than very expensive. Great fun, but very expensive. Hostels (even the poor ones) will all be over €20 a night, on the night. In amsterdam it can get seriously steep and into the €50's.

Get a package holiday to your furthest destination away. (package holidays are cheaper than the flights themselves)

Organise your inter-rail ticket to start the day after the first weeks holiday ends

You then have 4 weeks to travel in a straight line back to amsterdam (for the ferry back to NCL), which means you wont have to double back on yourself at any point, or visit anywhere twice/you don't want to.

cheers to the pair of you.  I'll be sure to suggest those tips to the other 2 that are coming with me, we'll see what we can do.

We'd thought about the over-night trains before, but inter-rail doesn't really give a price for the supplement of a sleeper carriage.

cheers to the pair of you.  I'll be sure to suggest those tips to the other 2 that are coming with me, we'll see what we can do.

We'd thought about the over-night trains before, but inter-rail doesn't really give a price for the supplement of a sleeper carriage.

You can find out on the internet though, if you're really worried about it. Trust me, it's the best thing to do, because you get accommodation for a night for about 5 quid, you miss nothing apart from the night, You arrive in the destination at a nice time, with the full day ahead of you!