Holidays

My suggestion is drink 40% less.

:dowie:

Its currently 38degrees Ian, soft drinks don't work at that temperature.

hopefully itl not turn out like a circa 1980`s shite Spanish (target) holiday when you've ran out of money on the last day but one & you have to go round nicking beer

Got back a couple of weeks ago but only posting now - New Orleans is the best city I've ever been to.  Was there for a week and could happily have stayed longer.

Went to a plantation that had been turned into a museum to slavery.  It felt a lot like Auschwitz, but whereas that looked how you'd expect a death camp to look, this looked like something out of Gone With the Wind.  Glad I picked that plantation because I've heard the others just gloss over the slavery side of things.  Also visited the WW2 museum, which is huge and probably the best museum I've been to.  Met a WW2 veteran there who was stationed in my home town of Weymouth before D-Day, which was cool.  Also went on an airboat in the swamp and fed some wild gators, which is one of the most fun things I've ever done.

We did as Cuba said and went to Turkey and the Wolf. Best sandwich ever and one of the best meals I've eaten anywhere. I had a fried bologna sandwich (pictured below) and my girlfriend had their collared greens. She looked like she was on crack eating it and they really were that good. A must do if you're in New Orleans.

IMG-1213.jpg

I went here.  Can't believe I went to one of the world's great food cities and the best thing I ate was a ham sandwich.  Ludicrously good.

Anyone been to Colombia?

Trying to convince my lass to go. Thinking of Bogota-San Andres-Cartagena-Cali Medellin or in the other order. Anywhere else worth going? Is it safe(ish) - assuming the normal don't be a dickhead rules apply but aside from that?

Booked for next year, only took 3 years, hopefully don't get told to FARC off.

Visited Guangzhou and Hong Kong over the last week. Really liked both. Guangzhou suprised me, a lot more character than where I am now. Hong Kong was class, if expensive. We were a bit hamstrung due to the protests (which we avoided) but the metro was off.

Wan Chai I think it was called in HK, has to be one of the seediest spots i've seen like. Two 'British' themed bars surrounded by blatant brothels. Chocka block with street prostitutes too. Was pretty funny/rancid watching old to middle aged western blokes stumble off with them like.

Well Mexico was outstanding. Great hotel staffed by the friendliest of people, fantastic food and good drinks constantly coming at you. A little edge out and about especially when the sun dropped,nothing too serious mind, but what a cool place to bob about. Tried all types of tequila and some of them are so smooth as others are lethal. Could easily have spent a month there and not got bored.

Downsides being the constant hassle when your out, literally every few steps and I've been to a few places but this was probably the worst I've encountered. Sad sights seeing babies strapped to mother's while they're out grafting all day and night. The constant pushing for tips by randoms coming up to you in bars doing pointless shit like taking your picture or some daft magic act then pursuing you for big tips. Also a few places had clearly drugged up Leopards lying in the shop floor just to get you in to buy their tat. I can get why the people out there do this to get money, shockingly paid.

Also we found out towards the end of the holiday the hotel right next to ours had been seized by the government just several months earlier due to the cartel chopping up people there. Found this equally as eerie as it is fascinating.

My photos from Belarus last month (posted in here as not as many people check the photo thread). The trip will be remembered for discovering my great love for Ladas... known over there as Zhigulis. Taken on Kodak Tri-X 400 film with a Contax T2 for anyone interested  :)

MLfEmGH.jpg

ybXaSen.jpg

V19C7zy.jpg

WOTLGrR.jpg

0nNO0fh.jpg

CXxBIav.jpg

iUzOKmm.jpg

5Macyvc.jpg

NuphamT.jpg

RWtgmGr.jpg

hvHmSm7.jpg

kQLRwgK.jpg

IeUs9AF.jpg

E3v7ZTy.jpg

4YUugCC.jpg

XZsLKKm.jpg

8oniNWW.jpg

yZFikCG.jpg

H4HAHSg.jpg

Jr8hTfO.jpg

1I807Oh.jpg

pO06kJ0.jpg

j3SVdYP.jpg

W47Wn4d.jpg

aPjLziQ.jpg

iDssKSE.jpg

LeMQIta.jpg

4hNhnzm.jpg

oWiAJIQ.jpg

7s4e1ur.jpg

RT1VXod.jpg

jjAAvpe.jpg

YUaOntn.jpg

Ou1CdMV.jpg

My photos from Belarus last month (posted in here as not as many people check the photo thread). The trip will be remembered for discovering my great love for Ladas... known over there as Zhigulis. Taken on Kodak Tri-X 400 film with a Contax T2 for anyone interested  :)

MLfEmGH.jpg

ybXaSen.jpg

V19C7zy.jpg

WOTLGrR.jpg

0nNO0fh.jpg

CXxBIav.jpg

iUzOKmm.jpg

5Macyvc.jpg

NuphamT.jpg

RWtgmGr.jpg

hvHmSm7.jpg

kQLRwgK.jpg