The all new official Albert Luque megathread

Guest Harry-Norway

Yeah he did travel so thats good to see, it just seems Roeder has gone out of his way to praise Shola for playing injured, with no mention of why Luque missed out. It was like Roeder was really stressing the point about Shola.

What the hell is a blistered back? If it's the obvious - skin blisters - how does that stop you from playing?

I've heard that agents often advise players who want to leave clubs to say that they've got a bad back. It's an injury that can't be verified one way or the other by medical staff.

What the hell is a blistered back? If it's the obvious - skin blisters - how does that stop you from playing?

I've heard that agents often advise players who want to leave clubs to say that they've got a bad back. It's an injury that can't be verified one way or the other by medical staff.

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

no no, he had a bad back as well as blisters from his new boots. :D 100% sure the blisters were on his feet. :D  :thup:

Yeah he did travel so thats good to see, it just seems Roeder has gone out of his way to praise Shola for playing injured, with no mention of why Luque missed out. It was like Roeder was really stressing the point about Shola.

On his Newcastle World interview he said that Luque pulled out himself saying he had back problems, he seemed to be having a dig at him too when he said just before that other players wouldn't of done what Ameobi did.

On his Newcastle World interview he said that Luque pulled out himself saying he had back problems, he seemed to be having a dig at him too when he said just before that other players wouldn't of done what Ameobi did.

Yeah I get the impression Roeder is unhappy with Luque again, this is like a never ending circle but why Luque would rule himself out if he was not really injured is beyond me, he did well lastw eek and scored a good goal. I was hoping he would move on from there.

God knows we will just ahve to wait and see if anytihing else is said on the matter.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Need to get rid of Luque.

This is not knee jerk as i think he is a decent player. However, if we can get 4-5 million back from him plus the 50,000+ a week he is on, this will go a long way to securing Klose, or someone of more suitable attributes.

The spanish clubs still love him, and i reckon if the Torres deal goes through Athletico would be more than willing to take him for this price.

I feel sorry for him because i think he is making all the right noises about wanting to stay, howver, it is strkingly obvious Roeder dosnt fancy him, only playing him as last option. 

This is not knee jerk as i think he is a decent player. However, if we can get 4-5 million back from him plus the 50,000+ a week he is on, this will go a long way to securing Klose, or someone of more suitable attributes.

The spanish clubs still love him, and i reckon if the Torres deal goes through Athletico would be more than willing to take him for this price.

I feel sorry for him because i think he is making all the right noises about wanting to stay, howver, it is strkingly obvious Roeder dosnt fancy him, only playing him as last option. 

yeah your prob right but I do not see Torres leaving, they knocked back a £25mill bid off Man Ure, who is going to pay more than that for him ?

Guest sicko2ndbest

yeah your prob right but I do not see Torres leaving, they knocked back a £25mill bid off Man Ure, who is going to pay more than that for him ?

There is one team!!! needless to say they could afford him.

Athletico is just one of the options, i think there are plenty of others.

Just have a sneaky feeling there was something more to Luque being out yesterday. I think Roeder has a ruthless streak, and we could see this come out in the next few weeks with Luque feeling the brunt

If we sell Luque for less than 3M, because Roeder is holding grudges either from last season or from this latest game, then its shit management tbh. Its Souness V Bellamy all over again, not the same proportion but same shit man management nevertheless.

Cant see why Luque would feign an injury, he looked pleased scoring last week and by all accounts must have fancied himself yesterday.

This going to be another thread where we specualte what COULD have gone on then blame Roeder as if our own specualtion is fact?

Can't wait  :roll:

You are right, we will just have to wait and see what Luque's role is for this season.

Should be sold as soon as poss for best price available - another Marcelino in the making here.

Spanish players have not , apart from those under a Spanish manager at L/Pool , been a great success in the EPL.

Duff is a great replacement , and the money is needed for a CF.

Also , Luque is 28 - not much time to improve - even Viana was deemed unlikely to make it in EPL & he was only 21.

This going to be another thread where we specualte what COULD have gone on then blame Roeder as if our own specualtion is fact?

Cant see whats wrong with that tbh, provided one accepts that he is merely speculating. We do that everytime when we say things like "Souness is gonna get us relegated". One should not blame Roeder if the speculation does not come true but if it does (in my case Luque being sold for less than 3mil), then I dont see why Roeder should be exempted.

come on Roeder has clearly gone up luque in the middle of training with everyone there saying..

"can i have your number 7 shirt back please we are giving it to Damien...whats that you dont like it? do me ten laps"

luque: "But i will get blisters"

Roeder: (mimicking in a girly voice) "But i will get blisters.. are you still here?"

Obviously why Luque wasnt playing, and decided to sulk instead, my source tells me as soon as he got home he ran up the stairs stamping his feet and has locked himself in his bedroom, its been several hours.."

Cant see whats wrong with that tbh, provided one accepts that he is merely speculating. We do that everytime when we say things like "Souness is gonna get us relegated". One should not blame Roeder if the speculation does not come true but if it does (in my case Luque being sold for less than 3mil), then I dont see why Roeder should be exempted.

I meant as soon as one person comes out with a comment like that its inevitable people will jump on Roeder. I have seen so many times when something has been speculated and for months/years its still used!

For example the Bramble cost £6m thing, still comes up ever now and then!

Should be sold as soon as poss for best price available - another Marcelino in the making here.

Spanish players have not , apart from those under a Spanish manager at L/Pool , been a great success in the EPL.

Duff is a great replacement , and the money is needed for a CF.

Also , Luque is 28 - not much time to improve - even Viana was deemed unlikely to make it in EPL & he was only 21.

I don't see Duff as a replacement for Luque - Duff can play striker when needed to and Luque can (probably) play left wing, too. Their secondary positions are the natural ones of each other, thats all. Don't worry yourself about selling Luque... if he's shite there's still a january window ;)

come on Roeder has clearly gone up luque in the middle of training with everyone there saying..

"can i have your number 7 shirt back please we are giving it to Damien...whats that you dont like it? do me ten laps"

luque: "But i will get blisters"

Roeder: (mimicking in a girly voice) "But i will get blisters.. are you still here?"

Obviously why Luque wasnt playing, and decided to sulk instead, my source tells me as soon as he got home he ran up the stairs stamping his feet and has locked himself in his bedroom, its been several hours.."

You missed out the bit where Roeder stole sweet from a little boy and then went and drowned some kittens...