N.O Writers for next season - who is in, who is out, who wants to join?

Guest Howaythetoon

Guest Howaythetoon

We are once again looking for regular columnists ahead of the new season and unlike last season we won't be accepting everyone who says "yes" this time because most who did either wrote nothing or not often enough (no complaints BTW).

A quick glance at the writers list shows that only a handful wrote regularly and it is those that can write regularly who we'd prefer over those that just fancy writing for the site and being able to send in an article every now again.

For those that can write regularly, i.e. at least 2-3 articles a month, then please register your interest here so we can get you on board before the new season kicks-off and get you prepared for bootcamp early this time ;)

For those that would like to write an article or two but won't be able to contribute as much as other more notable writers have done in the past or as much as you would like, fear not. You can still write for the site; simply send your article into us and we'll publish it if it meets very simple requirements such as having a point to make, is well written, has been spell-checked, and is reasonably informative and intelligent enough for people to comprehend.

We are looking for regular writers in the following categories:

Match previews

Match reports

Player ratings

Referee reports

Who the F*** are...

Behind Enemy Lines

General Toon commentary - i.e. waffle on Toon matters

Also, you don't need to be a regular writer or have to write an article to air your views, you can submit your views to the mailbag and get them published that way.

Notes

Any current writer who doesn't register their interest we will assume no longer wants to write for the site or is unable to.

For those who haven't wrote for the site before and would like to contribute regularly please send an example of your writing to: contact AT newcastle-online.com

We reserve the right to reject any interest.

For those who are current writers but won't be able to contribute enough, sorry but we have to lose you. Again though, you can still send in an article to the site whenever you like and get it published.

Guest Howaythetoon

Hopfeully we'll be able to get this new CMS we have bought to work on the server, if so, the site will be very easy to run and writers will have far greater control. You'll basically have a Word Professional style interface to write your article, when finished, be able to press post and choose which site category you want your article to go in, and it will link everything up automatically, meaning I don't have to do it and neither do writers.

And when published, people will be able to comment live on the article and all that gets added automatically too. Just one of many great features like an inbuilt image gallery to drop and place pics into articles, so howay Phil, we're relying on you man ;)

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd be interested in this.

:booboo:

You just want to play with the fancy CMS don 't you?

;)

Nah, excellent. Send in an example, cheers.

Guest Howaythetoon

Im out, since September I have failed to find any inspiration after about 2 or 3 articles so I doubt any is coming soon!  bluebiggrin.gif

Didn't realise you were on the writing team Gejon, like.

;)

Guest Howaythetoon

count me in for another season Chris. Up for:

Who the F*** are...

Behind Enemy Lines

Match Previews

or whatever you want.

:thup:

Guest Andrew Flintoff

I'd be up for some random waffles and so Who The Fuck Ares.

Anything you want an article on, shout me and I'll endeavour to do so!

Guest Howaythetoon

I'd be up for some random waffles and so Who The Fuck Ares.

Anything you want an article on, shout me and I'll endeavour to do so!

Another I was hoping would reply, your O'Neill article went down very well so good news from a reader's point of view. Excellent.

Guest TheOrder

I did one match report last season (Blackburn home) and i thought I handled it well, but Mosley hogged it after that bluewink.gif

So i'd definatly be up for doing alot more match reports next season, count me in.

I did one match report last season (Blackburn home) and i thought I handled it well, but Mosley hogged it after that bluewink.gif

So i'd definatly be up for doing alot more match reports next season, count me in.

Haha, I only did 2 reports, and one of those was Man City in September!

Guest Howaythetoon

That was Newcastle Rocker's report, theif ;)

Aye, you're in. Already looks like a good team.

Guest Andrew Flintoff

I've got a half written one actually that I started writing last year when I was pissed off with Freddy Shepherd - varying reasons but connected with my job - I might finish it over the next couple of days and get it to you.

It might not be of interest to everyone but it gives a slight insight into the man from another angle.

Guest Howaythetoon

I've got a half written one actually that I started writing last year when I was pissed off with Freddy Shepherd - varying reasons but connected with my job - I might finish it over the next couple of days and get it to you.

It might not be of interest to everyone but it gives a slight insight into the man from another angle.

Sounds canny, look forward to it.

Guest TheOrder

I'll do better reserve reports than mosley. He spends all his time at the e coli van

And who's back to the reserves after a lenghty absence?

Rocker.

Guest Howaythetoon

I'll do better reserve reports than mosley. He spends all his time at the e coli van

You're famous enough ;)

Guest smoggeordie

And who's back to the reserves after a lenghty absence?

Rocker.

How do you know that fella?

Guest nufc16

i can do some general waffle. been missing some regular writing stuff since i stopped my site last year. i'll have to see if i can find any of my old articles for examples of my writing.