Obafemi Martins

Wullie

now 1 goal in 11 now for Owen yet Martins is the one some of the dickheads here want to have a go at, absolutely pathetic

Why is it always a contest? This is the Martins thread and he was shit today. So was Owen, happy?

Owen wasn't bad really, and I don't think Martins was particularly horrid either. The service was beyond pathetic today, but that tends to happen against a team of Chelsea's calibre.

now 1 goal in 11 now for Owen yet Martins is the one some of the dickheads here want to have a go at, absolutely pathetic

Having a go at the old board does not equal exonerating the new board.

Having a go at Keegan does not equal exonerating Ashley.

Having a go at Martins does not equal exonerating Owen.

Why this fails to compute for some people on here so often I'll never know.

Guest Heneage

I don't think that's his point mate. I think what Ronaldo is trying to say, is that for all people are berating Martins for not scoring, Owen is far worse yet still in the team.

I don't think that's his point mate. I think what Ronaldo is trying to say, is that for all people are berating Martins for not scoring, Owen is far worse yet still in the team.

I understood him perfectly. He's saying "why aren't you berating Owen when he's doing just as bad? (or as Ronaldo seems to think, much worse)"

I think both our strikers need to shoulder a lot of blame for our antics. I'm just picking out Martins today because Owen gets enough flak without me having to contribute to the lynching.

Just because I'm criticizing Martins doesn't mean I think Owen is brill.

We have but 3 midfielders genuinely capable of providing anything, and even then they're very hit and miss - Gutierrez, Guthrie and Lovenkrands. More miss than hit at the moment. The rest are woeful consistently. Is it any real surprise our strikers aren't scoring much?

Owen and Martins sadly aren't capable of producing much real threat from deep, so we need the midfield to improve drastically.

We have but 3 midfielders genuinely capable of providing anything, and even then they're very hit and miss - Gutierrez, Guthrie and Lovenkrands. More miss than hit at the moment. The rest are woeful consistently. Is it any real surprise our strikers aren't scoring much?

Owen and Martins sadly aren't capable of producing much real threat from deep.

Loven isn't a midfielder though.

Alright then, he's not an out and out striker, that's what I was getting at.

I would like to see Xisco given a chance he just seems to have this touch of class about him.

Haha, i would too admittedly, but what exactly are you basing that on? :razz:

He wasn't exactly half bad in Spain.

I would like to see Xisco given a chance he just seems to have this touch of class about him.

Only those brief glimpses when he was playing but even so there was something about him that says that if he was playing a bit more regular he would be banging them in. I mean he can't do any worse than Owen and Martins at the moment.

You watch the game today?  Owen was battling at least , Oba did **** all.

Only those brief glimpses when he was playing but even so there was something about him that says that if he was playing a bit more regular he would be banging them in. I mean he can't do any worse than Owen and Martins at the moment.

Well, he could. He could lose the ball at every touch and stand behind Harper for 90 minutes.

It astonishes me that the two of them _still_ can't link up if their lives depended on it.

Imo the only midfielder we've got who can split a defence and create something is Barton. Without him our central midfield is at best hard working and at worst totally ineffective. 

Guthrie is a decent workhorse who would be a good squad player (in a decent squad) and Guttierez, for all his hard work, lacks any sort of end product - well at least he had done so far this season.

Imo the only midfielder we've got who can split a defence and create something is Barton. Without him our central midfield is at best hard working and at worst totally ineffective. 

Guthrie is a decent workhorse who would be a good squad player (in a decent squad) and Guttierez, for all his hard work, lacks any sort of end product - well at least he had done so far this season.

Agreed, I didn't mention Barton because he's been out injured.

Why is it always a contest? This is the Martins thread and he was s*** today. So was Owen, happy?

It seems like a contest because when the manager decides to make a sub, it's always Martins who comes off and many are wondering why it isn't someone who's out of form, putting in zero effort and shirks challenges like Owen?

Martins wasn't good today but he's the best we've got, like it or not.

What an absolute load of drivel.

Guest Heneage

I was just passing on the message.

I was just passing on the message.

Sorry, directed at Ronaldo then