Firefox 1.5.0.7

indi

Be careful when you update to this, I did and lost all my bookmarks, etc, had to recover them using Tune Up Utils.

Does anyone know what folder it stores passwords etc in because I'm going to have to recover that and all, but I don't know what it's called.  :wullie:

Guest nobby peru

had no problems with this upgrade either. for anyone else, it could be a good idea to export your bookmarks to a file beforehand. or save them all to del.icio.us

Dunno, it just seems to use up all my memory when an embedded video is around, or a big flash advert. Doesn't let me switch tabs, and I have to terminate it via ctrl+alt+del.

Oh, embedded video hasn't worked on firefox for ages, for me. I know what you mean, now, mine's been doing that for so long I kinda got used to it.

Firefox worked perfectly about two or three updates ago, since then it's gone shite.

Do you find in-line pdf totally rubbish too? I've given up and just download the files now. Never a problem in IE.

In-line pdf?

Is that where you open a pdf in the browser?

If it is, I never have any problems, maybe it's to do with Acrobat? I've got a recent full-version of acrobat on mine. What goes wrong with yours, mate?

Yeah, when you just click a link and it opens in Firefox itself. It's just ridiculously slow and annoying. I only have Acrobat reader on though.

Like I say, not bothered by that though, had it for years.

The Adobe Reader 7.0.5 Update will update Adobe® Reader® 7.0.0 - 7.0.3.  This update provides new browser support for FireFox 1.0 and Mozilla 1.7.  It also provides added support for Hebrew, Arabic, Thai and Vietnamese.  The update addresses known issues with forms and provides improved security. Adobe recommends all Reader users install this update.

:oops:

Could be it...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Gemmill

Use Foxmarks indigo.  Saves all your bookmarks to a server on the internet and syncs them every time you start Firefox.  It's great if you use multiple computers cos everytime you make a change to your bookmarks on one computer, it automatically updates in your other computer when you start up Firefox.  :thup:

Use Foxmarks indigo.  Saves all your bookmarks to a server on the internet and syncs them every time you start Firefox.  It's great if you use multiple computers cos everytime you make a change to your bookmarks on one computer, it automatically updates in your other computer when you start up Firefox.  :thup:

Cheers Gem, I'll have a look at that.

Is it an extension, by the way?

Guest Gemmill

Cheers Gem, I'll have a look at that.

Is it an extension, by the way?

Yeah, it's on the addons things on the mozilla site.  Dead handy.  You install it, give yourself a login and a password, and it saves all your bookmarks onto its server - every time you make a change from then on, it syncs to the server.  Then say if you get another computer, or use firefox at work, you just install it there too, log in using your username and password and it'll import all of your bookmarks so your Firefox looks just the same as the one on your original computer.  Whichever computer you then make changes on, it gets synced to the server, then synced to your other computer next time you're on it. :thup: