Jesus Camp

BlueStar

http://www.jesuscampthemovie.com/  - Official site with trailer

http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/story?id=2455343&page=1

Speaking in tongues, weeping for salvation, praying for an end to abortion and worshipping a picture of President Bush — these are some of the activities at Pastor Becky Fischer's Bible camp in North Dakota, "Kids on Fire," subject of the provocative new documentary, "Jesus Camp."

"I want to see them as radically laying down their lives for the gospel as they are in Palestine, Pakistan and all those different places," Fisher said. "Because, excuse me, we have the truth."

"A lot of people die for God," one camper said, "and they're not afraid."

"We're kinda being trained to be warriors," said another, "only in a funner way."

This one time, at Jesus Camp  :lol:

• 2 months later...

Saw this about 5 mins ago - utterly fucking terrifying.

Funny when the mullet kid went to see Ted Haggard (The film was finished before all the rent-boy and crystal meth stuff came out)  :lol:

Haggard was such a dick to him as well, the kids was talking to him about preaching and how much he enjoyed it.  Haggard said "Oh, do people listen to you" and the kid said "yeah, they do"

Then Haggard totally put him down with "Do you think they listen to you because you're good at preaching, or cos you're a kid?"

"Well, just do the cute kid thing till you're 30 and by then maybe you'll have some substance"

A lot of the stuff done to kids in this film (Having them in tears and convulsions, speaking in tounges, being told to shout out things they'd done that they were ashamed of otherwise they were bad and evil, telling them to walk up to strangers and "save" them on their own) I'd seriously classify as child abuse.

Evangelicals seem to be becoming worryingly powerful in the US. I wouldn't be suprised if sometime in the future they had control and the US Presidency, and that perhaps some of the more liberal states succeded and caused a second civil war in America.

Evangelicals seem to be becoming worryingly powerful in the US. I wouldn't be suprised if sometime in the future they had control and the US Presidency, and that perhaps some of the more liberal states succeded and caused a second civil war in America.

They already do have control. Bush is a god botherer and so are the majority of the white house, do you know about end-times prophecy? Bush is an end times nut, he believes all that bollocks, they're all nutters.