Bafetimbi Gomis

Decky

Rumors that Gomis and Remy are being chased by spurs, That's what happens when a club dithers on transfers.

Can't see Spurs going after Gomis after splashing the cash on Soldado and already having Ade and Defoe there.

Hope not but rumors are thick on Gomis meeting at spurs

There was a report they enquired about him weeks ago as a fallback plan in case they couldn't agree a deal for Soldado.

Don't worry, Remy is paper talk at this point and Gomis is not going to Spurs.

Although i can see Remy being more likely even if its still very unlikely.

Rumors that Gomis and Remy are being chased by spurs, That's what happens when a club dithers on transfers.

Can't see Spurs going after Gomis after splashing the cash on Soldado and already having Ade and Defoe there.

Adebayor has been linked to Besiktas so they could still be one short.

WC year and all that, so doubt Gomis would go there to sit on the bench anyway considering Spurs play with one striker.

Guest Povic

Pardew probably going to go with

Krul

Debuchy - Colo - Saylor - Santon

Cabaye - Tiote

Cisse - Sissoko- HBA

Gomis

If not....

Jonas

Jonas - Jonas - Jonas - Jonas

Jonas - Jonas

Jonas - Jonas - Jonas

Jonas                    Pardew = Gay for Jonas (no homo)

Who Is Bafetimbi Gomis?

In a Summer of nothingness came a few whispers that we may sign a player after all.

As we speak, a fee has allegedly been agreed for one and as Newcastle United fans, we know that there is still plenty of time for the usual 'cocking' up of deal to happen or the usual trick of changing our 'accepted' offer for a lower one in order to scupper a deal.

In what's known around here as pretending to bid for players. Kevin Keegan's words, not mine.

Regardless, we may yet end up with a bloke who is supposedly a decent player and with a nickname of 'Baby Drogba', he certainly comes recommended, so who is he?

Well, he was born, Bafétimbi Fredius Gomis in France, where else, in August 1985. This makes him 27 years old, although he's got a birthday on Tuesday, so scrub that. A 28 year old striker.

Some would say at the peak years of his game.

A French international striker with a 1 in 3 strike rate for clubs of the calibre of Lyon, Troyes and St Etienne. A 1 in 3 rate or the French national side as well.

He holds the record for the fastest Champions League Hattrick or did, the last time I checked, so apologies if this bit is wrong.

As ever, we wait and see if we can get this over the line, that's if the 'line' still exists.

Read more: http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=327085#ixzz2apBmTwl7

As we speak, a fee has allegedly been agreed for one and as Newcastle United fans, we know that there is still plenty of time for the usual 'cocking' up of deal to happen or the usual trick of changing our 'accepted' offer for a lower one in order to scupper a deal.

I must have missed all those times we reduced offers we'd had accepted ??? :lol:

Who Is Bafetimbi Gomis?

In a Summer of nothingness came a few whispers that we may sign a player after all.

In what's known around here as pretending to bid for players. Kevin Keegan's words, not mine.

Regardless, we may yet end up with a bloke who is supposedly a decent player and with a nickname of 'Baby Drogba', he certainly comes recommended, so who is he?

Well, he was born, Bafétimbi Fredius Gomis in France, where else, in August 1985. This makes him 27 years old, although he's got a birthday on Tuesday, so scrub that. A 28 year old striker.

Some would say at the peak years of his game.

A French international striker with a 1 in 3 strike rate for clubs of the calibre of Lyon, Troyes and St Etienne. A 1 in 3 rate or the French national side as well.

He holds the record for the fastest Champions League Hattrick or did, the last time I checked, so apologies if this bit is wrong.

As ever, we wait and see if we can get this over the line, that's if the 'line' still exists.

Read more: http://www.newcastle.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=327085#ixzz2apBmTwl7

Cheers, I know exactly who he is now.

“@WhoScored: Bafétimbi Gomis: Only A.Di Natale (70) was caught offside more times in Europe's top 5 leagues last season than Gomis (62)” #OL

Cisse has competition there.

Cisse was never offside as much as people claim.... anyway what is wrong with being offside? it shows you are looking to get in behind a defence and create a chance.

I hate stats like this, if these stats were around during the Bellamy days people would be bitching about Bellamy 24/7 as he was offside constantly.

No one cared though as if he was offside 5 times out of 6 runs one of those runs would lead to a goal.

Come on. You know it's bad when he doesn't even look across the last line of defence man. The way Ba kept trying to pull ahead of Cisse to get him onside, only for the latter to keep running. :lol:

What he needs is a proper understanding with someone like Ben Arfa watching his runs and releasing the ball first time to him. The guy's all about instinct so someone needs to have the vision for him not to get offside in that split second.

Come on. You know it's bad when he doesn't even look across the last line of defence man. The way Ba kept trying to pull ahead of Cisse to get him onside, only for the latter to keep running. :lol:

What he needs is a proper understanding with someone like Ben Arfa watching his runs and releasing the ball first time to him. The guy's all about instinct so someone needs to have the vision for him not to get offside in that split second.

I do agree but it has been overplayed, it doesn't happen anywhere near as much as people make out.

I'm sure someone can dig them out including the goals disallowed due to offside :lol:

I know he had 6 wrongly disallowed goals due to wrongly called offside calls :lol:

2 I think, both in the Europa League iirc.