American TV-shows

indi

Thought I'd set up a thread for this lot seeing as they're almost upon us.

Andy, do you know if the 1st episode of Jericho was the same as the pilot, or had they changed stuff?

Decided to add a little TV guide:

Monday: Prision Break, Studio 60, Heroes, Vanished.

Tuesday: Smith - CANCELLED.

Wednesday: Jericho, Lost, The Nine, Day Break.

Thursday: Six Degrees, My Name is Earl, Shark.

Friday:

Saturday: Kidnapped

Sunday: Dexter, 24 - Starts 14 Jan 2007.

Unknown: Traveler - Starts Jan 2007.

http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=5718&page=1

The Fall Schedule for those wanting to keep tracks on what is starting when...

As well as having seen the trailer for Jericho, The nine etc I got Kidnapped which started this week and I have been watching Vanished which started a few weeks back.  I thought the first couple of episodes were quite good but the 3rd and 4th were very very slow and drawn out.

JJ Abrams "Six degrees" starts tonight, will be checking that out.  ITV1 have bought the rights to it, the first US  acquisition to make primetime TV on ITV1 in nine years but it is not to start over here until the start of next year.

http://www.tv.com/six-degrees/show/58472/summary.html

JJ Abrams "Six degrees" starts tonight, will be checking that out.  ITV1 have bought the rights to it, the first US  acquisition to make primetime TV on ITV1 in nine years but it is not to start over here until the start of next year.

Just a note on that... Whilst Abrams is involved in the production of the show (from an executive postition), he's more involved with the directorial side of things than the actual writing itself. Thus, it probably won't be up to the standards of the previous shows associated with his name.

In response to indigo's first question: I think it was the same, but I can't say for sure.

Guest Pearce-Dog

Jericho looks good but doesnt seem to have the same eye grabbing power of lost or prison break

Heroes looks the pick of the bunch but along with The Nine seems to be feeding too much off of a The 4400 theme.

Travelers could come good, with the current trend towards crime shows, something based on terrorism that is written well could become very popular.

Guest Geordiesned

As well as having seen the trailer for Jericho, The nine etc I got Kidnapped which started this week and I have been watching Vanished which started a few weeks back. I thought the first couple of episodes were quite good but the 3rd and 4th were very very slow and drawn out.

What's the first episode of Kidnapped like? Worth downloading?

I didn't like six degrees. It's basically the flashbacks in lost stretched out into their own 45 minute TV show, with no actual mythology, no gut-punching twists, and with far less compelling characters.

It might improve with time though, I suppose.

Guest Geordiesned

I've just watched Kidnapped but think the download I have might be missing a bit at the end. It's 42:28 long but ends just as a phone starts to ring suggesting their was a bit more still. Anyone else downloaded/watched it yet who can let me know how long the file they have is?

I've just watched Kidnapped but think the download I have might be missing a bit at the end. It's 42:28 long but ends just as a phone starts to ring suggesting their was a bit more still. Anyone else downloaded/watched it yet who can let me know how long the file they have is?

No, but how was it? worth downloading?

Anyone watched the Studio 60 pilot?

Possibly the most engrossing 45 minutes of TV I've seen in ages.

Just watched it, not bad, but that Jordan lass keeps pulling an expression that makes her look like a bit of a mentalist. When's the next episode air?

Guest Geordiesned

Just watched it, not bad, but that Jordan lass keeps pulling an expression that makes her look like a bit of a mentalist. When's the next episode air?

Tonight.

Guest Geordiesned

No, but how was it? worth downloading?

I thought it was good. It's got potential to be a good series.

Tonight.

Cheers sned, PB and episode 2 to watch tomorrow evening then. :D