Any other out of contract players available ?

Dunedin

Does anyone know if there are any players who are free agents and are available to be signed ?  We desperately need a midfielder as well as a left back. I heard today that Blackburn may be signing Johan Vogel ex Real Betis.

Guest GAMMELL

Babayaro

Bernard

Babayaro joined LA Galaxy!

The f*cker has been released already.

From .Com

Having given away a penalty within ten minutes of his debut for LA Galaxy, former Magpie Celestine Babayaro has been released by the MLS side.

Under the League's capped salary structure, sides can trial players in pre-season but then have to waive their rights to any that signing any that would break their budget.

That fate has befallen Babayaro, who now goes into a pool of available players from which other MLS sides are able to negotiate to sign - assuming they remain within their own salary cap limit

Injury problems and visa difficulties had restricted the 29 year-old defender to just one 45 minute appearance for Ruud Gullit's side - in a friendly defeat against South Korean side Seoul last weekend.

Name                    Position    Height Weight Date of Birth  Place of Birth  Nationality Caps Team Appearance Class Status

Alun Armstrong Centre Forward 6ft 13 st 22/02/75 Gateshead British -  -  450 Free Transfer Currently on Transfer List

Dax Hoogerwerf Centre Forward 5ft 10in -  27/01/89 Blackpool British -  -  -  Trainee-YT Currently on Transfer List

Junior Mendes Centre Forward 5ft 11in 12st 3lbs 15/09/76 London British -  -  350 Open to offer Currently on Transfer List

Noel Whelan Centre Forward -  -  30/12/74 Leeds British -  -  330 Coaches Currently on Transfer List

Reis Ashraf Centre Forward 5ft 11in 11st 12lbs 18/08/89 Birmingham British -  Coventry City Football Club -  Trainee-YT Currently on Transfer List

Sebastian Muddel Centre Forward 172cm 78kg 22/02/89 Norwich English -  -  -  Trainee-YT Currently on Transfer List

i think (and i'll probably be corrected on this) that any player over 28 who is in the final year of his contract has the right to buy himself out of his contract (as diatta did a doo wah diddy dee diddy dum) for the cost of his remaning wages.

so ineffect there is a lot of players out there who could still move on.

in the diatta case i wonder if he "knew" a club such as ourselves would make a move for him should he buy himself out of his contract.

I think you can also do it if youve been with one club for so many years (cant remember what) and your over a certain age.

Think if your over 26 and been with the club for over 5 years you have the right to buy it out.

Something like that :lol:

i think (and i'll probably be corrected on this) that any player over 28 who is in the final year of his contract has the right to buy himself out of his contract (as diatta did a doo wah diddy dee diddy dum) for the cost of his remaning wages.

I think that is right. We got Mpenza this time last year like that and his signing probably kept us up.

A lot of players who "could" move.....but who would want to? Mpenza was playing for a club in Qatar. Is there anyone else half decent in the middle east right now? I'm sure most would come back if given a chance.

I think that is right. We got Mpenza this time last year like that and his signing probably kept us up.

A lot of players who "could" move.....but who would want to? Mpenza was playing for a club in Qatar. Is there anyone else half decent in the middle east right now? I'm sure most would come back if given a chance.

The amount of money they are being payed there (well, here..) is ridiculous, thats why the likes of Zarate joined Qatari clubs instead of making moves to Europe..

in the diatta case i wonder if he "knew" a club such as ourselves would make a move for him should he buy himself out of his contract.

Sounds like we might lose Owen in the summer through that construction as well then? Strange that nobody from the press has been putting stories into the world about Owen wanting to be desperate to leave and willing to buy out his contract to leave for another, bigger club..

Fuck off away from Flamini, im telling you that now!  :lol:

Nothing but trouble with this French muppets, thank you.

I think it is well proven that the french muppets perform unlike certain english muppets that spring to mind  :smug:

Fuck off away from Flamini, im telling you that now!  :lol:

Nothing but trouble with this French muppets, thank you.

I think it is well proven that the french muppets perform unlike certain english muppets that spring to mind  :smug:

Yes, they are good for Arsenal and other teams. Always something wrong when we get them.

Sounds like we might lose Owen in the summer through that construction as well then? Strange that nobody from the press has been putting stories into the world about Owen wanting to be desperate to leave and willing to buy out his contract to leave for another, bigger club..

been trying to find the exact legislation but it's on a fifa site on a pdf file which for some reason the bairns PC wont display. my guess is the rules will be in herehttp://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/federation/administration/playersagents/regulationstatustransfertsplayers.html

....Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players (2008) » if anyone would care to take a look.

there isn't anyone of premier league standard worth signing.

This isn't Football Manager where you can pick up Stefan Klos, Luigi Di Bagio, Mark Iluniano, Ray Parlour and Michael Bridges, throw them in a Yeovil team and win promotion.

Forget it. But is there anyone worth signing that knows how to win a football match. Our lot have forgotten.

there isn't anyone of premier league standard worth signing.

This isn't Football Manager where you can pick up Stefan Klos, Luigi Di Bagio, Mark Iluniano, Lamine Diatta, Ray Parlour and Michael Bridges, throw them in a Yeovil team and win promotion.

Forget it.

FYP

Name                    Position    Height Weight Date of Birth  Place of Birth  Nationality Caps Team Appearance Class Status

Alun Armstrong Centre Forward 6ft 13 st 22/02/75 Gateshead British -  -  450 Free Transfer Currently on Transfer List

Dax Hoogerwerf Centre Forward 5ft 10in -  27/01/89 Blackpool British -  -  -  Trainee-YT Currently on Transfer List

Junior Mendes Centre Forward 5ft 11in 12st 3lbs 15/09/76 London British -  -  350 Open to offer Currently on Transfer List

Noel Whelan Centre Forward -  -  30/12/74 Leeds British -  -  330 Coaches Currently on Transfer List

Reis Ashraf Centre Forward 5ft 11in 11st 12lbs 18/08/89 Birmingham British -  Coventry City Football Club -  Trainee-YT Currently on Transfer List

Sebastian Muddel Centre Forward 172cm 78kg 22/02/89 Norwich English -  -  -  Trainee-YT Currently on Transfer List

Did you grab that off the PFA website? If so dont bother its shite.

Babayaro

Bernard

Babayaro joined LA Galaxy!

:iamatwat:

Former Newcastle full-back Celestine Babayaro has been released by Major League Soccer side LA Galaxy after just one game.

The Nigerian conceded a penalty on his Galaxy debut against South Korean side Seoul last weekend, as has been told to seek alternative employment ahead of the start of the MLS season next month.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/football/newcastle/latest/display.var.2096871.0.given_laments_the_loss_of_his_lazarus_status.php

a return on the cards?

Johann Vogel is available, not great, but in the short term possibly an improvement on our midfield players!

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3253132,00.html

Mark Hughes admits he is looking at trialists Johann Vogel and Quinton Fortune with a view to next season rather than this one.

Both midfielders are training with Blackburn and looking to land contracts at Ewood Park.

Former Manchester United star Fortune has been training with the club since last week, whilst Swiss international Vogel joined up earlier this week.

"Johann Vogel has the right pedigree, but his career came to a stop because he had a dispute with his previous club that took six months to untangle," said Hughes.

"I've seen him play many, many times - and he is the right quality.

"But the situation is we have to see if he would be fit enough to make an impact over the rest of this season or whether we should consider it for next season.

"It would be difficult for them to make an impact at the business end of the season.

"Nothing will be decided in the next couple of weeks on either player."