Obafami Martins

Crumpy Gunt

I think everytime he gets the ball in future everyone in the ground should boo him, that way he'll lose any confidence that he has and end up an outcast like Luque, then with any luck Freddie Shepherd will get on the phone again to Ocean Finance and ask if we can borrow another £10 million to buy someone else next summer.

I said "It's looking that way." - and from what I saw today I  think we've bought a player that is 4 or 5 times overpriced for the £10m we've spent.

Would anyone think that Emre and Martins had trained and played for the same team for 3 years? You'd think they had only met a few weeks ago, there's nothing between them.

No nice way of saying it but I fear Martins is as thick as pig-shit (or donkey shite maybe?) - one occasion today he recieved a perfect ball on the edge of the 18yrd box, facing goal, space in front to move into. Just had to take it on his left foot and touch gently forward - he recieved it and put straight to his right foot where it was easily taken off him by the defender who had just got himself out of jail after being caught the wrong side.

If he has the op, then from Jan he will be out all season and some of next. WE will buy another striker or keep Rossi if we can ?

Martins gives 100% effort he is missing due to a rush of blood slight panic coz he really wnats to dow ell. No way we can stick in  he same light as Luque, Luque is a pussy with no passion, Martins is a rocket with loads of fight and WILL come good!

Guest smoggeordie

I've got a rascal of a ponder in the back of my mind, that we should start Rossi and Martins for the next game (not Manu obviously). Rossi looked really good when he came on. Very sharp.

If we do we're in huge fucking bother with Uefa and Man U.

I've got a rascal of a ponder in the back of my mind, that we should start Rossi and Martins for the next game (not Manu obviously). Rossi looked really good when he came on. Very sharp.

Aye, Rossi can't play for us now for 3 weeks.

:lol: Pedant.

:wink:

I said "It's looking that way." - and from what I saw today I  think we've bought a player that is 4 or 5 times overpriced for the £10m we've spent.

Would anyone think that Emre and Martins had trained and played for the same team for 3 years? You'd think they had only met a few weeks ago, there's nothing between them.

No nice way of saying it but I fear Martins is as thick as pig-shit (or donkey shite maybe?) - one occasion today he recieved a perfect ball on the edge of the 18yrd box, facing goal, space in front to move into. Just had to take it on his left foot and touch gently forward - he recieved it and put straight to his right foot where it was easily taken off him by the defender who had just got himself out of jail after being caught the wrong side.

You do like to give players plenty of time to settle don't you?

He is settling into a new team, new country, new league and he is 21 years old, there are bound to be things that he will need to improve upon and he has shown plenty of sparks of what he can do and bring to the team!

You only have to look at one of the best strikers in the world (Shevchenko) to see its not always easy to adapt to a new league straight away!

He is settling into a new team, new country, new league and he is 21 years old, there are bound to be things that he will need to improve upon and he has shown plenty of sparks of what he can do and bring to the team!

You only have to look at one of the best strikers in the world (Shevchenko) to see its not always easy to adapt to a new league straight away!

Why are you bothering to humour him? He's just trying to wind people up

this reminds of when Owen first went to Real Madrid. he was getting into so many positions every match and fluffing all his chances. then he got a bit sharper and those missed chances started turning into goals and he was scoring all the time. as people have said, it would be a lot more worrying if Martins wasn't getting into good positions in the first place. considering he fashioned many of those chances himself due to sheer pace and hard work i'd say he's shown a lot to be cheerful about.

I said "It's looking that way." - and from what I saw today I think we've bought a player that is 4 or 5 times overpriced for the £10m we've spent.

Why are you bothering to humour him? He's just trying to wind people up

No he's not. My opinion is as above. We''ll bump the thread in a month or two and I'll happly applaud Martins improved performances - or I wont!