Aston Villa's new sponsor

James

Think out of all the new owners in the EPL he's been a class above all the way. Really brought that club along! Credit where credits due. Hoping, fingers crossed that Ashley will join him right up there.

Guest Phil K

Wonderful. Rare in the greedy Prem.

Wouldn't surprise me that the players wanted a "cut of the cash involved" - they're THAT greedy and THAT thick, Premier players.

The charity would be far better off if Villa got a proper sponsor and donated all of the money from that, our old one was worth £5m a year so they should be able to match that with all of the money gone into the game now.

I'm not so sure if this is such a good idea.

The Rags (In my time) have had Sharp, Vodafone, and AIG on their shirts.

# of Sharp products bought by me or my family in my lifetime = 0.

# of Vodafone products bought by me or my family in my lifetime = 0.

# of AIG products bought by me or my family in my lifetime = 0.

It's not a coincidence. It's a matter of principle. Has anyone here ever bought a car from Reg Vardy? Do you bet at BoyleSports?

I wonder if the amount of support this hospice gets from Birmingham City supporters will suddenly diminish. :shifty:

PS. I just saw that Blackburn's new sponsor is Crown Paints. Retrotastic.

To be honest I can't say I would avoid buying anything from someone who sponsored Sunderland.

I tell ya. If I donated to a hospice. And that hospice appeared on the front of the Rags shirts. I would send my money somewhere else.

Its the rules! :evil5:

Guest toonlass

It's not a coincidence. It's a matter of principle. Has anyone here ever bought a car from Reg Vardy? Do you bet at BoyleSports?

I wonder if the amount of support this hospice gets from Birmingham City supporters will suddenly diminish. :shifty:

If that was the case then its sad of the Brum City, West Brom or any other West Midland's supporter. You will probably find in any case that most of the money raised by the man in the street for this hospice would be by people who have used the service and who probably have more things to worry about than football.

If that was the case then its sad of the Brum City, West Brom or any other West Midland's supporter. You will probably find in any case that most of the money raised by the man in the street for this hospice would be by people who have used the service and who probably have more things to worry about than football.

True, true...

But I do wonder. Bitter as I am. :iamatwat:

To be honest I can't say I would avoid buying anything from someone who sponsored Sunderland.

I tell ya. If I donated to a hospice. And that hospice appeared on the front of the Rags shirts. I would send my money somewhere else.

Its the rules! :evil5:

Not really.

Pretty pathetic I'd say.

Like Mackems who won't eat Sugar Puffs.  Need to have a word with themselves.

When Liam O'Brien scored that free kick against the mackems at Roker Park, the advertising board behind the goal was for John Halls Metrocentre.  No-one gave a fuck on either side.

The soopafan attitude these days is cringeworthy.

Well done.  :clap:

That's like donating £1m direct to charity.

With the slight difference that the charity actually ends up without anything going direct to them whatsoever. ;)

as someone else said, it probably benefits villa as a publicity stunt more than anything, because if he was that bothered about chairty hed have got some rich sponsor and donated the money. the money would definately help the cahirty more than the advertising. having said that, good bloke for doing so.